Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Nov 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’d definitely have reported to the police as well as the school. My ds is also 12 and a quiet lad. I’d be horrified if anyone were to punch him unprovoked. If these things are not reported, the little sh@#s who do it think they are above any consequences and will continue to bully other kids. I know this is unlikely, but it is possible, but that punch could have knocked op’s son over where he could have hit his head and died, still think it’s ok?

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMemories
Apprentice Imagineer

How awful for you and your poor son. You have done the right thing by reporting, so upsetting and I don't think behaviour like this should be minimised.
DisneyMemories is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
I’d definitely have reported to the police as well as the school. My ds is also 12 and a quiet lad. I’d be horrified if anyone were to punch him unprovoked. If these things are not reported, the little sh@#s who do it think they are above any consequences and will continue to bully other kids. I know this is unlikely, but it is possible, but that punch could have knocked op’s son over where he could have hit his head and died, still think it’s ok?
Exactly this, I am very surprised at the some of the responses on here that think this was just like a playground scuffle and should be not treated seriously - that is what is wrong nowadays these bullies are not reported and then continue to hurt others.
This was not a playground scuffle this was an assault and needs treated as such.
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
That is exactly what happened to an ex pupil of mine- he was older- 20ish and waiting at a bus stop after a night out. A group of lads came over , one punched him unprovoked, he fell, hit his head and died.

It’s as important for the aggressors to understand that you can’t just punch someone as it is for the OP’s son to know that he doesn’t have to put up with it.
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

My dh is a police officer. Has been the schools officer and the antisocial behaviour officer. He has said absolutley report it to police. And he has dealt with schools that have said not on school property not our business (which it is as it was on way home from school. If it had been later and out of uniform them thats different) my son was also walking alone and was followed home and beaten once (and filmed) and rescued by a passer by who told the school... who tried to shirk any part of sorting it out and told my son he should try not to get into fights. Needless to say I moved my son from that school to another!
I hope you and your son are ok and it gets sorted out quickly xxx

NB part of dh job as school officer was to take the knife arch to schools to detect any weapons being brought into school. Personally, I think "playground scuffles" as we may remember are a thing of the past. These days boys being boys can result in tragedy. Girls can be as bad too.

Edited at 12:01 AM.
littlelish0544 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wee_Red View Post
A 12 year old knows exactly what they are doing, they're not toddlers messing about.
They will most likely be cautioned and have their name recorded. Lifted and put in a cell? No, of course not but hopefully the fear of god gets put into them. Failing that, a case is built against them should it escalate. This wasn't 'boys being boys' it was a criminal offence.
In England and Wales, the age of criminal responsibility is 10 years old.

They are very unlikely to be cautioned for a split lip if it’s a first offence

It took us months and a lot of evidence to get police to dish out cautions to the 3 16 yr olds that bullied my daughter ... in the end they got cautions for malicious communications because there was so much proof of it .

Unfortunately ( or fortunately for the lad ) it’s a relatively minor injury and it’s likely to come down to his word against theirs .
Best you’ll likely get is they get a PCSO to have a word with the lads .

The school however and schools in general need to come down far harder on bullies , very little is ever done till it gets to the point where it escalates to violence and then it’s usually a day or two in isolation if your lucky .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
They are very unlikely to be cautioned for a split lip if it’s a first offence

It took us months and a lot of evidence to get police to dish out cautions to the 3 16 yr olds that bullied my daughter ... in the end they got cautions for malicious communications because there was so much proof of it .

Unfortunately ( or fortunately for the lad ) it’s a relatively minor injury and it’s likely to come down to his word against theirs .
Best you’ll likely get is they get a PCSO to have a word with the lads .

The school however and schools in general need to come down far harder on bullies , very little is ever done till it gets to the point where it escalates to violence and then it’s usually a day or two in isolation if your lucky .
Sad but true, sorry to hear you had this happen to you, but on the other hand you dont know if these kids have any other logs against them. A lad that bullied my ds at the second secondry school we sent him to had a criminal behaviour order we didnt know about until we reported him.
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

I hope your son is okay, you've got to do what you feel is right for your ds

Edited at 12:08 AM.
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Sad that some people see this as normal behaviour.I think this is indicative of society as a whole where we become immune to this and it’s just kids being kids.Its not and the sooner parents stop making excuses for their children’s behaviour the better.Do this to my child and face the consequences.He is 14 and would never dream of doing this to another child.OP I do hope your son is ok.He sounds like a good lad with a good support system.Dont ever let people let people tell him this acceptable because it just isn’t xxx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Sad that some people see this as normal behaviour.
Its quite common for boys and girls to scrap/fight outside of schools. Living opposite a high school for 30 years, there used to be some sort of incident every other week.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List