Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jan 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PostmanLich
Gone all Goofy

Absolutely, we find it a great way to enjoy last day with some relaxed family fun.
Have a shower there using throwaway practically empty toiletries, nice & fresh for airport. We also use old towels specifically and throw them away.
PostmanLich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PostmanLich View Post
Absolutely, we find it a great way to enjoy last day with some relaxed family fun.
Have a shower there using throwaway practically empty toiletries, nice & fresh for airport. We also use old towels specifically and throw them away.
Exactly the same for us. We've never bothered with the cabana and no problem getting loungers. Really like having a shower before changing for the flight. Kids also really like fun time before the long journey home.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mel5678 View Post
You could always ask for a late checkout for your villa or pay for extra day so you can spend the last few hours in your own pool, use the washing machine/dryer etc. That is what we do.
I'm pretty sure I've asked and there's already someone else arriving on our leaving day.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

OK I've bitten the bullet and booked a Roa River Rapids cabana at Aquatica for our travelling home day, $201 Eek!
So the plan should look something like, pack 90% the day before and be out of the villa earlier than needed to go to the Virgin DS check in for 08:30, then Denny's for a proper leisurely breakfast. Arrive at Aquatica by 10:30 - 11:00 (Park opens at 09:00) and not have to search for decent sunbeds just be shown to our cabana with towels and chilled water. Have some lunch and depart around 15:00, after showering and changing, for the airport.
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Last day I’m always down and deflated haha it’s out villa drive to Tampa wonder round mall nice lunch then home... feel even down typing this and I don’t go for 6 months !
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

We are thinking about doing the water park on our last day too weather permitting. I imagine you could leave your swimming clothes in the car for an hour somewhere too and if it’s in the sun they would be dry anyway before your flight.
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Paddcomp View Post
OK I've bitten the bullet and booked a Roa River Rapids cabana at Aquatica for our travelling home day, $201 Eek!
So the plan should look something like, pack 90% the day before and be out of the villa earlier than needed to go to the Virgin DS check in for 08:30, then Denny's for a proper leisurely breakfast. Arrive at Aquatica by 10:30 - 11:00 (Park opens at 09:00) and not have to search for decent sunbeds just be shown to our cabana with towels and chilled water. Have some lunch and depart around 15:00, after showering and changing, for the airport.
That sounds perfect! Kids will be weary so will hopefully sleep on the flight!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by caj View Post
That sounds perfect! Kids will be weary so will hopefully sleep on the flight!
I'm hoping it applies to me too, lol. Terrible at sleeping on flights.