Notices

Old 18 Mar 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by chazb View Post
Fab trip report, have just spent the last two daysreading through the whole thing. It looked likeyou had a magical time and you have two gorgeous well behaved boys. SSR looks lovely and glad we have booked to stay there now, as some of the revies on trip advisor are not that great. I have also requested to stay at the grandstand area when we go, so hoping we get it. DO they provide kettles in the room as my OH cant function without a tea in the morning. Also how long would you say the walk to disney springs is from grandstand? once again fab report and lovely that you have started making your new plans x
Hi chazb

Thank you for reading and your lovely comments, the boys done so well but like all kids they can have their moments too

We really loved the resort and it will always be my first choice of onsite accommodation. There is no kettle in the room but there is a coffee maker, so I would just fill it with water without the coffee filter and it boiled the water that way - Im also a tea drinker and we took our own teabags in our luggage.

I reckon the walk to Disney Springs took between 10-15 minutes at a leisurely pace, it didn't bother us at all and we loved the walk around the water at congress park before crossing over the bridge!

I hope you have an amazing trip xx
Old 23 Mar 16, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Really enjoyed reading.your lads looked like they had a ball ...except when being stung or a bit tired ! You even did well on the wet days too. Lovely trip, fab mix of places that you ate, Narcossees looked amazingly yummy. Shame your last meal at Hoop de Doo didn't hit the spot for you. Really enjoyed reading,thank you for sharing. Your trip reminded me very much of my boys' first visit .. And they are grown up teens now so it was a lovely trip down memory lane for me !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 16, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Really enjoyed reading.your lads looked like they had a ball ...except when being stung or a bit tired ! You even did well on the wet days too. Lovely trip, fab mix of places that you ate, Narcossees looked amazingly yummy. Shame your last meal at Hoop de Doo didn't hit the spot for you. Really enjoyed reading,thank you for sharing. Your trip reminded me very much of my boys' first visit .. And they are grown up teens now so it was a lovely trip down memory lane for me !
Aw... thank you for your lovely comments, its fabulous to be able to have these memories when they are young, we are all very fortunate to be able to give our kids these experiences.

Narcooses was a fabulous restaurant, I had been worried that it would be too posh for us but it wasn't like that at all, it was a great experience.

We really counted this as the holiday of a lifetime and Im not sure anything will ever match it but I will certainly give it another go
Old 21 Apr 16, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Loved your report, sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Was good to see how your boys got on as my DS will be turning 6 when we go. I'll look out for your 2017 one now
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Hi just read your trip report in full in one sitting (i've got a cold so a perfect way to fill an hour or two with a cuppa).

Looks like you had an amazing trip and had plenty of time to relax rather than rushing around the parks.

Have got some great tips too as we will be travelling with 2 young(ish) children. My son will be a similar age to your eldest!
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 16, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by Campinggirl View Post
Hi just read your trip report in full in one sitting (i've got a cold so a perfect way to fill an hour or two with a cuppa).

Looks like you had an amazing trip and had plenty of time to relax rather than rushing around the parks.

Have got some great tips too as we will be travelling with 2 young(ish) children. My son will be a similar age to your eldest!
Thank you so much for reading, sorry to hear your not well. Hope you feel better soon!

We really had the most amazing time, I found it impossible to run at the pace of the first week for the full 2 weeks, we have booked for almost 3 weeks next year so have factored in a few rest/free days again to recharge the batteries.
Old 28 May 16, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

really enjoyed finishing this off. And just think, your 2017 thoughts are becoming a reality!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 16, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow looks like you had an amazing holiday! Thank you for posting really enjoyed reading it. Your boys are just gorgeous x
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
The Genie
Proud to wear my Ears

Great trip report! We went with our 5 year old DD in April staying at the Poly, and said it would be a 'once in a lifetime trip' but booked again for next year at SSR. We are keen to utilise the facilities in Disney Springs in the evening and just wondering how safe/light/gator free! the walk over to Disney Springs is from SSR? We love walking rather than using a bus so this was a big selling point!
The Genie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 16, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by The Genie View Post
Great trip report! We went with our 5 year old DD in April staying at the Poly, and said it would be a 'once in a lifetime trip' but booked again for next year at SSR. We are keen to utilise the facilities in Disney Springs in the evening and just wondering how safe/light/gator free! the walk over to Disney Springs is from SSR? We love walking rather than using a bus so this was a big selling point!
Hi, thank you so much for reading! We used the pathway to walk to Disney Springs a few times and I never felt unsafe, it was very well lit and at the time we didn't consider the "gator issue" however thinking about it now the path is a fair bit away from the water and its on a "banking" so a fair slope down to the water. SSR is a fabulous resort, you will love it!