Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 19 Jan 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jstephens View Post
we are on the standard ddp. I'm a little lost how credits work. places like be our guest use 2 credits for an evening meal, does that mean you need to miss out an evening meal over the 5 days?
You don’t have to miss out on an evening meal you just have to either use a quick service credit or pay for something. Generally over a 14 night stay using 2 credit for a meal isn’t an issue as people often eat offsite or use snack credits for lunch. You’ll find that with only 5 nights and assuming you’re concentrating on just Disney in that time signature meals using 2 credits are less attractive. It may actually be better to pay for Be Our Guest dinner as the cost is probably not worth 2 table service credits and you’d get more value from 2 separate meals.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You don’t have to miss out on an evening meal you just have to either use a quick service credit or pay for something. Generally over a 14 night stay using 2 credit for a meal isn’t an issue as people often eat offsite or use snack credits for lunch. You’ll find that with only 5 nights and assuming you’re concentrating on just Disney in that time signature meals using 2 credits are less attractive. It may actually be better to pay for Be Our Guest dinner as the cost is probably not worth 2 table service credits and you’d get more value from 2 separate meals.
I would agree that BOG is not the one to use two credits on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

ok great thanks. I have read that BOG better for lunch as only 1 credit? much different experience/food wise?
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes it does but generally we wouldn’t book a table service for arrival day as it’s too unpredictable. I’d stick with QS at either the resort or the park.
We'll be transferring from a hotel at Orlando airport to the Beach Club first thing in the morning on the Magical Express, leaving at 8am.

I'd like to book a breakfast at the Ale and Compass about 10am. Do you think that's unrealistic?
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi. You’re not getting there until about 2.50pm if your flight leaves the UK at 10.35 surely?
Old 19 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
ok great thanks. I have read that BOG better for lunch as only 1 credit? much different experience/food wise?
Yes it’s completely different. Lunch is a quick service credit and a different menu. You can check menus either on this site or the Disney website.
If you have a look at the link I posted earlier a lot of your questions will be answered.
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
We'll be transferring from a hotel at Orlando airport to the Beach Club first thing in the morning on the Magical Express, leaving at 8am.

I'd like to book a breakfast at the Ale and Compass about 10am. Do you think that's unrealistic?
Well there’s no guarantee of a bus being there at 8am. We waited a significant time to check in and another while on a bus. Of course at that time of day I’d expect less guests so you may be ok.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Hi. You’re not getting there until about 2.50pm if your flight leaves the UK at 10.35 surely?
yes your right got a bit carried away! I'm guessing 5pm ish at AKL
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

It may well be ish rather than 5pm depending on immigration and the Magical Express timings. Sometimes we’ve been lucky and got straight on a coach which left soon after we got on, and were the first stop, but we’ve also had the opposite and it must have taken an hour from arriving at the DME desk to getting off at our hotel.
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It may well be ish rather than 5pm depending on immigration and the Magical Express timings. Sometimes we’ve been lucky and got straight on a coach which left soon after we got on, and were the first stop, but we’ve also had the opposite and it must have taken an hour from arriving at the DME desk to getting off at our hotel.
we have a car booked through BA but depends how long that takes to sort
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vickyvoo
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

And dont forget that is midnight UK time... will you actually be very hungry then?