Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Nov 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
DVC incentives remind me of the now defunct MFI stores.

You had to buy today as the sale was finishing at midnight!

Strange that as it started again the next day at 9.00am

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
When we signed up in April the incentives were due to end. When they 'ended' a new set of identical incentives appeared.
Out of interest, I'm assuming the incentives back then were the same as they are offering now? They have definitely increased since we enquired in September.
Old 10 Nov 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Out of interest, I'm assuming the incentives back then were the same as they are offering now? They have definitely increased since we enquired in September.
It may be worth registering your interest with them, I did this a few weeks back, then put it on hold as was considering changing my BCV title deeds to add DH (My BCV purchase was from before we met) which would have taken 6 weeks. My guide said he'd honour the current incentives so we didn't lose them, but if they improved, then we'd get the better ones.

I get the impression they're very keen to sell CCV so you can be quite cheeky with them.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
It may be worth registering your interest with them, I did this a few weeks back, then put it on hold as was considering changing my BCV title deeds to add DH (My BCV purchase was from before we met) which would have taken 6 weeks. My guide said he'd honour the current incentives so we didn't lose them, but if they improved, then we'd get the better ones.

I get the impression they're very keen to sell CCV so you can be quite cheeky with them.
Sales were down a lot in September apparently. They need to keep the momentum going as they'll have Riviera to shift soon, then Nature. Salespeople are often more accommodating when they have to chase for commission.
Old 10 Nov 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post

Thats good of your guide to do that for you.

We met with our DVC contact while we were over and expressed our interest. He is really not pushy at all though so has just left us to it. I guess it may be worth speaking to him and almost asking him if we can hold the incentives until we make a decision, he's pretty good like that. I wonder if they would offer anything in addition if they're keen to sell?

It seems like they're not selling that easily but I'm not sure why that would be?
Old 11 Nov 18, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
From the Americans that I spoke to it's the fact that whilst they are "pushing" 75 or 100 point contracts, when you look at the cost of 1 week at CC in lowest season , you are 107 so it's a massive outlay for under a week each year. When you think that the "old" minimum buy in was 160, how scary does $29000 compare to $18200
Although not pushy, our guide was very keen to point out what he thought were the price increases coming in 2019- $200-$250/point!
Maybe our problem is that we bought our first contract at $67.50 (SSR) & a Direct CC contract is nearly 3x that price
We hope to have many years of Disney holidays in front of us but an additional 50 years is perhaps wishful thinking & we're not sure that DS is at that stage where he would go the Disney as often or be bothered paying the dues.
Whilst we have stayed at WLV, we have a cash WL booked next year & will have a look around but whilst we can still swap at 7 months I'm not sure how important the 11 month window is so SSR is still in front by a nose.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

For 7 month window consult the Skier Pete availability charts on the other board, (make sure it is the 2018 versions), albeit he hasn't done Copper Creek. I find his charts (I am always checking the DVC site myself and making mental notes) are accurate, albeit perhaps a tad pessimitic- I have found availability OK often when he describes it as patchy on the 1 beds (just the peak DVC seasons).
Copper Creek has very limited studios and from my own checking, is difficult to get a studio there on 7 months. The problem with Copper Creek is those cabins made up a lot of the points, but who buys the points to book one regularly- virtually no one.
DVC buyers pay a lot of money to join, but are price sensitive people when it comes to using points. Hence why Xmas week is actually OK to get 1 bed at 7 months- because it is expensive points wise, and early December is slightly more difficult and very difficult for studios.
Also this points value is why most of the year, 1 beds you can get pretty easily at 7 months- they cost at least twice the points of studios and sometimes more. 2 beds are only about 30% more on top, so they are seen as better value, and also go quite quickly.
This value driven points use, extends to the owners when they buy- many of them only buying to use studios, so that creates 7 month studio availability problems at Copper Creek in particular. From my own checking, the 1 beds are fine to get there at 7 months.
Expect if the prices go up to 200+ a point, more and more to buy only for studios, putting ever increasing pressure on the studio system. If the rumours are correct and they bring in these mini studios, expect many to buy intending to stay in them as that is all they can afford, I suspect only Riviera owners will ever be able to book them, as those looking for the points value will flock to them- unless they are going to price the points per night at VGF level (wouldn't surprise me) which will create more problems- more people after studios at cheaper resorts, including Copper Creek, which I believe was only priced at such a low lever per night as it had to match Boulder Ridge Villas.
Old 11 Nov 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Getting worried about the potential increase. I would really resent paying $200 per point when I know I can currently buy for $162!

What do you think the chances of this happening are? Surely they won't increase if sales have been slow as it is?
Old 11 Nov 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Getting worried about the potential increase. I would really resent paying $200 per point when I know I can currently buy for $162!

What do you think the chances of this happening are? Surely they won't increase if sales have been slow as it is?
No one knows for sure. The sales people suggest all sorts, I've heard all sorts of stories over the years. But I do think they may target a base price close or near to 200 a point for Riviera. There will be incentives as there always is to bring it down a bit.
Depends though on how it's selling and how economy is going.
For example if there's still Copper Creek unsold well into when Riviera is on sale, they may want to shift it.
Answer is no-one knows, but as Tom says the incentives are a bit like MFI (or DFS), there's always another when the current one ends.
Old 11 Nov 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
No one knows for sure. The sales people suggest all sorts, I've heard all sorts of stories over the years. But I do think they may target a base price close or near to 200 a point for Riviera. There will be incentives as there always is to bring it down a bit.
Depends though on how it's selling and how economy is going.
For example if there's still Copper Creek unsold well into when Riviera is on sale, they may want to shift it.
Answer is no-one knows, but as Tom says the incentives are a bit like MFI (or DFS), there's always another when the current one ends.
I guess it's a bit of a gamble, but if I didn't take the plunge and it went up then I would kick myself! Need to make a decision!