Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 15 Nov 10, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaFabry
Having Dinner with Goofy

DonnaFabry's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SJEH :0) View Post
As for the expense, all Disney parks are expensive... i think some people on this thread are just trying to use it as another negative towards DLP and are forgetting that DLP seems more expensive because of the poor exchange rate, not because DLP is just more expensive than any other park.
I agree with this. Everyone I speak to says this. The exchange rate really does not help the cost of food etc. You always get expensive and poor quality food in theme parks even in the UK

Donna
DonnaFabry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida xx
Unread 15 Nov 10, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
Obsessed and love it!

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by SJEH :0) View Post
Is it really that hard to visit somewhere with an open mind? I have never thought so

Again, what you're passing comment on is the CULTURE not the parks, yes, the french may come accross rude, it's their culture, this should be a given before you even enter the country!
As for the expense, all Disney parks are expensive... i think some people on this thread are just trying to use it as another negative towards DLP and are forgetting that DLP seems more expensive because of the poor exchange rate, not because DLP is just more expensive than any other park.
My comments were mainly re the quality of service and, yes, a level of expectancy re the Disney ethic that encapsulates service.

I can visit places with an open mind but I have to re-iterate that my experience was poor and yes, on this site, you cant help but compare DLP to Orlando (just as you would Universal California to Universal Orlando) - partricularly when you have a poor experience.

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater * 1996 - I-Drive * 2006 - DLP * 2007 - I-Drive * 2008 - I-Drive & RPR * 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) * 2011 - RPR * 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort * 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort * 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) * Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Silver Wedding Adventure
Unread 15 Nov 10, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It's a holiday in France. When I go to France I expect the same kind of customer service I get anywhere else in France. If I go to McDonald's in London I don't expect US style customer service just because it's an American company.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 15 Nov 10, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsWDW
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
I always read these DLP v WDW threads with interest, but have never posted as I've not been to WDW. We have just booked our 4th trip to DLP and can honestly say I've never experienced any rudeness, dirtiness, lack of customer service etc. I've seen a couple of people smoking, but we holiday regularly in France and that's the way it is (unfortunately) but its never spoilt my enjoyment or been a particular problem, even though my son is asthmatic and I really hate smoking.

Sarah
I've never experienced rudeness etc either... in 8 visits. Last visit was 2007 so either I was lucky, or it's changed drastically.
MrsWDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2017 Trip
Unread 15 Nov 10, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jcjcjc
Imagineer

jcjcjc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
If I go to McDonald's in London I don't expect US style customer service just because it's an American company.
No and you wont get english customer service either, there wasnt an english person serving last week and the woman couldnt understand my order as her english wasnt good.

I think anywhere you go good customer service is so very important.

So many negative reports about DLP with smoking,rudeness,ect alot of people keep saying the same thing so is it that bad ? i am now wondering why i have booked to go.
jcjcjc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 15 Nov 10, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I have holidayed in France many times and have found French people perfectly friendly just not as "in your face" as the Americans.

However I did find the staff at DLP were basically ruder than any other staff I have met anywhere in the country. There almost seems to be an anti-English culture, particularly with some of the character meets that shouldn't be tolerated as it can spoil a childs trip to feel ignored by their favourite character.

My french isn't excellent but I do always try to speak as much as I can so it isn't that I expect everyone to fall over backwards to accomodate my language although I believe most CMs can speak English.

DLP is a great theme park and I love theme parks so may well visit again one day if I can get it cheap enough. However it doesn't hold the Magic for me that WDW has. This may be because WDW was my first experience of Disney and I expected to hate it but fell in love with the place.

I must say on our trip it was the spanish who were guilty of the most pushing and smoking as we managed to visit in their holiday season too.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Only 3 nights but it's still WDW!
Unread 15 Nov 10, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hsl500
Imagineer

Hiya I went to DLP few years back and found most of the people to be rude, I had murder with 1 french lady who sat right infront of my sons wheelchair buggy in the in front of the disabled bay and then invited the whole of the family squashing us and his legs, when i asked her to move she shouted abuse at me telling me her kids want to see and wll see :angry:
i asked for help the CM and they ignored me , so in the end i pushed my sons buggy forward so he could see right into her back , mean i know but i was fuming and he couldnt see as she was tall sitting on her knees upwards

after that we done florida and best thing done so saved up past 3 yrs so can go again which is in few days time

was thinking of DLP next year but after reading this thread dont think we will
thanks

Believe in yourself and you wont go far wrong
hsl500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We are going back
Unread 15 Nov 10, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SJEH :0)
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It's a holiday in France. When I go to France I expect the same kind of customer service I get anywhere else in France. If I go to McDonald's in London I don't expect US style customer service just because it's an American company.
I agree!
You will experience rudeness everywhere.
I have to say, we have not had any big problems with staff or with smoking in DLP, judging by everyone elses experiences we've been very lucky i guess!
SJEH :0) is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Dreams Come True,DLH!
Closed Thread