Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 May 19, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 13 May 2019

Index is here

I only slept until half 5 today ☹️ we were having a slightly later start today and didn’t need to leave until 7.30 so had a quick breakfast of egg on toast.

We left on time and headed to Epcot. The sky was very overcast but it was still boiling hot. We parked in the second row of the car park so didn’t have too far to walk. We managed to pick the dud queue which only had two tap stiles instead of 4 so it took a while to get through. We were then held at the globe until official park opening. The street drummers were playing but we couldn’t quite see them.

Today’s fastpasses were a mixture as the girls were splitting their time between us and their dad- they were going one with us (living with the land’) and two with Andrew and Teresa (test track and mission space).

The rope was dropped and it was time for the fast comedy walk to get to test track. We managed to overtake a few people on the way and walked straight through the queue system into the design room. I still miss the old version of this -,it was so much better.

Our fast pass for soarin was at 11.15 but the app said it was currently a ten minutes wait so we got footed it across, and got in the queue. We then heard that test track was closed because of incoming inclement weather so we had just timed it right.

I think the old version of Soarin was better too but it’s not a patch on flight of Passage. We came off and went straight on living with the land as it was a walk on. Jas hates this ride as it’s a bit boring, but very informative! And it’s a nice sit down. Phoe then modified our living with the land fastpass and changed it to the Nemo ride which we went on straight after.

We then stopped to eat our snacks after managing 4 rides in an hour and a half which was pretty good. The sky was getting blacker and blacker and there were a few spots of rain in the air.

The girls received a message to say their dad was now in the park and at Starbucks so we met them there. By this time the rain had started properly so we decided to poncho up.

The girls stayed with their dad and we decided to go on soarin again and use our fastpass yo get us out of the rain. It had stopped by the time we came out do decided to have a mooch around the world in world showcase.

We stopped for a portion of Chips in the UK and were then at the furthest most point round when the heavens opened and the thunder crashing. We continued to make our way round trying to take shelter when the stair rods came down. Our feet were soaked through - I had worn my new trainers today!

We finally met up with the others a decided to call it a day - we left the park through floods. Luckily after the first day soaking we decide to keep a bag of towels in the boot if the car which were lovely and warm.

Phoebe wanted to go to Florida Mall to go to Victoria secret and Morphe but because we were so wet we decided to go home first. It was then suggested that because of the weather and the time it would take we wouldn’t go. Phoebe was not happy about this, she was also livid with her dad - she had given him her birthday present to jasmine to bring out because we were tight on space. He had it in the car with him at Phoebe’s birthday meal but forgot to give it to her so she asked him to bring it today. When he turned up, he didn’t have it because he wasn’t prepared to carry it! ?!?!

I was then livid because it meant we had to drive all the way up to I-drive to collect it because he wouldn’t even meet us half way! Gggrrrrrrt. By the time we’d done that it was just after 8 and we were only 5 miles from Florida mall so we made a quick dash there to the two shops Phoe wanted. Got back home at 9.30

This afternoon/evening was supposed to be more relaxing/pool time but it didn’t happen! We’ve now been here 9 days and the titanic is living up to its predecessor by only having a maiden voyage! It will not be coming home with us at this rate.

We had a quick game of cards - gdog watched Phoe lay her card and was next nut we looked at him when he didn’t lay his card and he’d nodded off!

Sorted out Jasmine’s birthday things and fell into bed at 11.15

No gdog lookalikes today.

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 11 - Epcot

I only work up once in the night and when I got out of bed I couldn’t walk probably from plants footmen or whatever it is. The alarm then went off again at 6:30am and I got up and ready for the day. Had doughnut fruit loops for breakfast and we set off for Epcot just after half 7.

Today was very dark in the sky and looked like it would storm any second. We arrived at Epcot just after 8am and parked pretty close to to the front and walked over to the tapstyles. We thought we’d picked the shortest line but we’d picked a line with only one tapstyles open rather than the double one!

We were then held a little while after until just before 9am. It was then a quick walk straight to Test Track. We were in one of the first loading bays. Jas designed our car and Gdog designed their random looking car. Test Track as hilarious as ever, although I think we all still prefer the OG one.

After this, Soarin was only a 10 minute wait so we flew over to that and was on within less than 10. After this we then did a classic, Living with the Land. A nice sit down boat journey, we did have a FP for this about an hour later but modified it to The Seas With Nemo and Friends and went straight on this after.

By the time we were off this, time for lunch, at 10:30am! Then had a text from Dad and Teresa to say they’d arrived in the park. I’d already cancelled their FP for Spaceship earth, as they’d done it earlier on and wasn’t interested in keeping it. I’d then modified our original Mission Space FP from 4:15pm to 12:50pm as Jas was shattered and wouldn’t make it until that time. The plan was for them to bring Jasmines bday present from me, which I handed over so she wouldn’t see it in the case.

Well he didn’t bring it as he didn’t want to carry it - we met them as soon as they got into the park and it would of gone straight into mums bag. And we would have to organise it later. Anyway, quick stop at Starbucks and mum, nanny and Gdog went to walk round the showcase at this point. It was also starting to Chuck it down so the ponchos made an appearance.

We then headed over to Journey of Imagination with Figment as it was only a 15 minute wait but it was a walk on. We then went and queued for Mission Space as it was only 25 and still raining. When we got there, the less intense side which was green, was only a 10 minute wait. We then had another coffee stop and headed to Inventions to take cover and have a little look around. We had a FP for Test Track at 2:15pm but it had been shut from about 10 minutes after we’d come off it until then due to the storm and rain. At this point, it was hammering it down. We took cover under shelter in between Mouse Gear And Electric Umbrella. We sat here for maybe half an hour/40 minutes until mum, nanny and Gdog arrived.

We then left dad and Teresa to use the FP the orange version on Mission Space and the special one from Test Track. I don’t do the Orange side as it spins and there’s already sick bags in the green one which put me off!

We walked back a soggy mess to the car, Jas had her new shoes under her poncho and walked bare foot. In the car we had a few towels we sat on and tried to dry off in. I still wanted to go to the Florida Mall and we’d planned to stop off on the way home but because we were soaked through, we’d decided to go back home to change first then set off there. We were home and ready by 3:15pm, but then yet again, it was decided there wasn’t enough time and it was too far away!? Why agree to it if you’re then going to say no to me an hour later. I then got annoyed, but all I ask is don’t say yes and then change your mind because of the time and distance! It was 3:15pm for god sake.

It was then decided we’d go to Michaels and stop at Publix on the way home. I stayed in the car for Publix and had a strop. We then got home at half 5. We could of gotten to the Mall and back by then. And nobody got anything in Michaels!

Mum And I then went back out to get a pizza for Jas near Publix and by the time we got back, Dad had said I’d have to wait until tomorrow to get Jasmines presents. No her birthday is tomorrow. I need them tonight. I needed them Saturday when you forgot the first time. As she’s asked for dollars for her birthday, my gifts are all she’s got. We then had to bloody drive half an hour up to their hotel to get the presents.

I had cheesy beans on toast with mini corn dogs for tea and then we set off for the hotel. On a plus the Mall was only 5 miles away from there so mum had kindly agreed to then drive there. She is a little gem and I don’t tell her that enough.

When I arrived at the hotel and asked the receptionist to call their room to let them know I was there and waiting. Gave both their names and they didn’t have them on the system at all! After a lot of words back and forth, She needed a room number to look them up better as the name didn’t work. I didn’t have room number and needed to be connected to the WiFi to message them and ask for it. To connect to the WiFi I needed the room number. If I knew the flipping room number I wouldn’t need her to look up the booking, I would just say can you ring room blah blah blah. The manager then intervened and logged me onto the WiFi so I could say I was there.

I then wasn’t allowed to leave reception until one of them had come down, so the hotel knew I was legit! The present was then handed back and I flew back to the car. We then drove the 5 miles to the Florida Mall and practically ran to PINK, Morphe and Victoria Secret. I grabbed my size knickers in bundles and whacked them into the basket. Flew into Morphe and grabbed the eyeshadow pallets and then sent mum into Victoria Secret to get some body sprays and then met her in there after I’d paid in Morphe.

She then went to buy a bottle of water to take back to the car as we’d ran around like headless chickens! We were in and out within half an hour and then made the journey home.

Got home and played a few games of 7’s and got some bits ready for Jasmines Birthday in the morning.

Sarah and Reece flew out today and landed at 6pm. Ready for Magic KIngdom tomorrow.

Edited at 04:40 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I love the penguin made of plastic thats clever.
Phoebe you are a lovely sister worrying about your sisters birthday present 💝 and your mum is a star running you everywhere! More people arriving, so tomorrow will be another epic day, wonder what you have planned for Jas? Maybe she wants to spend the day on titanic?
My favourite parts of Epcot are the gift shop in future world and the breakfast at garden grill it was amazing. I love the showcase too but its better at night. Phoebe if you do have plantar facititis, get a ball and roll it under your feet and dont wear flip flips get some supportive shoes like crocs or fit flops 😘

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I love the penguin made of plastic thats clever.
Phoebe you are a lovely sister worrying about your sisters birthday present 💝 and your mum is a star running you everywhere! More people arriving, so tomorrow will be another epic day, wonder what you have planned for Jas? Maybe she wants to spend the day on titanic?
My favourite parts of Epcot are the gift shop in future world and the breakfast at garden grill it was amazing. I love the showcase too but its better at night. Phoebe if you do have plantar facititis, get a ball and roll it under your feet and dont wear flip flips get some supportive shoes like crocs or fit flops 😘
That gift shop is amazing! Jas just wants a nice quiet day without too much fuss - she doesn’t like the attention! Phoe has switched to trainers!
Old 14 May 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Good girl Phoebe!
Who are the new arrivals? Are they staying with you too?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Good girl Phoebe!
Who are the new arrivals? Are they staying with you too?
Phoe’s best friend Sarah and sarah’s boyfriend - they are staying in a hotel
Old 14 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Phoebe, what a drama getting Jasmine’s present, my OH would be just as dopey as your dad. Glad you made it to the Mall, it was better to get it out of the way rather than have the pressure of wanting to go back on you.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Shame about the rain but you managed to get plenty done before it started!

I think the new improved TT is poor compared to the old done; definitely not a must do any more
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame the weather but glad you got the present and managed a quick trip to the mall

Joan
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Shame about all the rain, hopefully it will stay dry tomorrow for Jas's birthday. Really enjoying your reports.