Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > General Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories
Eat and Play Card
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 11 Apr 17, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
GopherLass
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
GopherLass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 13
Originally Posted by RachelM View Post
Another great day. I love the 2 reports in one.
No extra charge.

It was a fun day - I'm glad we got to spend a few hours all together.

I hope you like baseball...
__________________
April

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 17, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Goldia
VIP Dibber

 
Goldia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 16

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
I was wondering what the Texas Tuxedo was all about too so I'm glad someone asked, and that is why it's important to read not just the trippie but the comments too! That's a note for myself for future reference

The baconater does sound like it would be...interesting...and also not unexpectedly greasy...

See you next time
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ here we come
Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Jun 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
GopherLass
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
GopherLass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 13
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I was wondering what the Texas Tuxedo was all about too so I'm glad someone asked, and that is why it's important to read not just the trippie but the comments too! That's a note for myself for future reference

The baconater does sound like it would be...interesting...and also not unexpectedly greasy...

See you next time

You LEARNED something from this trippie, Abby! This one's more than just wand jokes!


And the "baconator", lol - what percent of those do you think are ordered by men?
__________________
April

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
collybird
VIP Dibber

 
collybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Location: Dundee
Your friend's idea for national dress in competitive competitions made me laugh. It would be like Eurovision on a grander scale!

I laughed at Poot thinking a sandwich for breakfast is weird but a Greek salad is fair game.

I love Wendy's. My boyfriend's favourite is the Baconator haha. We used to fly United via Newark and lunch there was our only highlight of travel home day. We're sad we don't use that terminal anymore!

You've piqued my curiosity regarding the Molasses Flood, I think I might look out Joshua's song.
collybird is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All change at the All-Stars
Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 17, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
GopherLass
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
GopherLass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 13
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your friend's idea for national dress in competitive competitions made me laugh. It would be like Eurovision on a grander scale!

I laughed at Poot thinking a sandwich for breakfast is weird but a Greek salad is fair game.

I love Wendy's. My boyfriend's favourite is the Baconator haha. We used to fly United via Newark and lunch there was our only highlight of travel home day. We're sad we don't use that terminal anymore!

You've piqued my curiosity regarding the Molasses Flood, I think I might look out Joshua's song.

I think DF's idea is a BRILLIANT one - we could see the Dutch basketball team in these:



And for English tennis players?



(Yes, I know it's Jimmy Connors - but still )


Athletics is hurting for spectators - but what if Christophe Lemaitre ran dressed like...




I would TOTALLY go down to the track!


And...yes - I thought the same thing about the Greek salad! Nothing wrong with a sandwich for breakfast. ANY TIME is a good time for a sandwich. When we stay at French hotels, I always make myself a little breakfast sammie out of the baguette, ham and cheese.


Your boyfriend's favourite is the BACONATOR? Too funny!

I'm no food snob (cough*plasticcheese*cough) - but sometimes I think it's hard for Poot not to pick up some of R.C.'s opinions about fast food (and things like that).

Still, I can remember the first time we ever went into a McDonald's (the three of us). We were in taples (in the Pas-de-Calais) and ALL the other restaurants were shut (it was around 2:30 PM). And we had a three year old who needed to eat - so McDonald's it was.

And R.C. ate his meal (I ordered it - obviously - you know how he gets when he has to order at the counter) and he looked around and said something like, "This is actually very nice. It's so clean - and the food isn't bad at all. But I suppose that's because this is a FRENCH McDonald's".


Me: Well, I think they're all pretty much the same. That's kind of the idea behind McDonald's.


Seriously, though - the macarons at the French Mac and Don's are GORGEOUS. And you get six for 5 Euros!




Poot says to let him know if you like "Joshua's Song" - and to tell you that "Johnny Tremain" is the best book ever about Boston.

I'm probably with him there...

"A Man Can Stand Up."


Lol, this reply is more like a TR post. Sorry!
__________________
April

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 17, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
collybird
VIP Dibber

 
collybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Location: Dundee
The tale of the French McDonalds made me laugh. I recently saw a man eating KFC with a plastic fork and knife. I thought it was adorable. R.C. would surely approve. Nik (I never know what to call him, boyfriend sounds immature, partner sounds too mature, and as we're not married he's not officialy 'OH', so we'll go with his actual name) likes watching U.S. fast food vloggers and it was through this he discovered the Baconator. I don't know how he tolerates these videos, they cover the entire experience, right down to how many napkins they were given. So tedious!

You are going to love the buffet breakfasts on the cruise! You'll have so many sandwich options open to you, it will be like you're in Subway. My favourite is using the English muffins to make a breakfast sandwich, sausage cut in half, some egg (I know, I know!) and some cheese from the deli counter Yum yum.

Thank you Poot for the book recommendations. I have added them both to my Kindle. Has Poot read 'The Desperate Journey'? It's a children's historical fiction novel about a family's experience during the Highland Clearances. They immigrate to Canada, IIRC. I read it in primary school and I think he'd enjoy it.
collybird is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All change at the All-Stars
Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#31
GopherLass
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
GopherLass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 13
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The tale of the French McDonalds made me laugh. I recently saw a man eating KFC with a plastic fork and knife. I thought it was adorable. R.C. would surely approve. Nik (I never know what to call him, boyfriend sounds immature, partner sounds too mature, and as we're not married he's not officialy 'OH', so we'll go with his actual name) likes watching U.S. fast food vloggers and it was through this he discovered the Baconator. I don't know how he tolerates these videos, they cover the entire experience, right down to how many napkins they were given. So tedious!

You are going to love the buffet breakfasts on the cruise! You'll have so many sandwich options open to you, it will be like you're in Subway. My favourite is using the English muffins to make a breakfast sandwich, sausage cut in half, some egg (I know, I know!) and some cheese from the deli counter Yum yum.

Thank you Poot for the book recommendations. I have added them both to my Kindle. Has Poot read 'The Desperate Journey'? It's a children's historical fiction novel about a family's experience during the Highland Clearances. They immigrate to Canada, IIRC. I read it in primary school and I think he'd enjoy it.
I don't think I've had Kentucky Fried Chicken in thirty years - I wouldn't have guessed they had cutlery! I'll tell you a secret - R.C. keeps two packs of "camping cutlery" in the glove box of his car (he's always prepared)!


And I am imagining that since Nik has no "c" - it must be short for Nikolai - and that you get to hear someone with a sexy Russian accent call you zolotse. You lucky girl - hubba, hubba.


But there are FAST FOOD VLOGGERS? WHAT? Nyet, nyet, friend Nikolai - I know you can find better things to do with your time! I can't believe we've mentioned the Baconator so many times in this thread - Poot was both excited and worried to hear that it has a fan up in Scotland. "That had a LOT of grease, Mother."


Our cruise is a long one - I think I better stay FAR away from breakfast sandwiches, or I won't be able to fit into my clothes once we get to New York! I actually take a fair amount of exercise - but I really have to watch my carbs now that I am over 40. It seems rather unfair that BREAD is now a "treat", but what can you do? I am hoping that at least the Greek yogurt on the ship will be the tasty European kind - rather than disgusting American ectoplasm.


I'd never heard of "The Desperate Journey" - but Poot loves historical fiction (as do I) - so I have ordered it to his Kindle. He thanks you for the suggestion, as do I! Fingers crossed for a happy ending for those poor children...


I can't remember if you know that I'm an historian (by training - those degrees haven't been much use in my career in FINANCE, sigh) - but I really struggle to read a lot of "Celtic" (for lack of a better word) history. You know I'm from the North of Ireland - and whether it's Irish history or Highland history (or...) I have a hard time not getting all worked up. I remember going to Culloden when I was about twenty (with my same friend who wants the Dutch athletes in clogs) - and I could barely even breathe. The very ground still just...
__________________
April

Trip Reports: Boston and D.C. Florida 2016 Disney Cruise & Orlando 2017
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#32
collybird
VIP Dibber

 
collybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Location: Dundee
I didn't know that you are a historian, my degree was joint honours in English and History. Both very useful in my position as restaurant manager of (oddly enough) KFC.

I've often thought about getting one of those safety hammers that will cut your seat belt and smash the window if you land in water (this is genuinely something I worry about, despite not ever driving close to any bodies of water). But I suppose R.C. could attempt both with his 'camping cutlery'.

Nik, is actually Nikolas, sorry to dash your visions of a Doctor Zhivago type. He is as Scottish as I am, which probably accounts for the love of grease.

Please let me know Poot's thoughts on The Desperate Journey, if/when he gets to it. I am quite tempted to re-read myself.
collybird is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
All change at the All-Stars
Reply With Quote
Reply
ResalesDVC

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

US Rent A Car

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Attraction Tickets Direct

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2421
CaxtonFX  $1.2404
Covent Garden FX  $1.2552
FAIRFX  $1.2425
John Lewis  $1.2583
M&S  $1.2195
Sainsburys  $1.2434
TESCO  $1.2453
Travelex  $1.2356
Updated: 21:05 26/06/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0930
CaxtonFX  €1.0912
Covent Garden FX  €1.1008
FAIRFX  €1.0915
John Lewis  €1.1038
M&S  €1.0713
Sainsburys  €1.0944
TESCO  €1.0963
Travelex  €1.0874
Updated: 21:05 26/06/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Wed 26th Jun 4:31pm
Now: 35C/95F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Cloud Cover: 40%
Wind: 9mph - ENE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1018mb
Humidity: 49%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 20:20 26/06/2019