Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question Kids glasses?

ds has his eye checked at the weekend and needs to get glasses they didn't have anything suitable in stock so now I'm stuck with trying to find somewhere to get him some.
I've tried a few places but you cannot just go in store to look you need to make an appointment to go and look and there are none for ages.

Is there anywhere online that does kids glasses that I could get him a pair until we can get some in store?
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

How old is your son?

My DD is 11 and we go to Specsavers.

The issue is that she's not been in kids sizes for years. Now in teens or adults.

It's all about size of head.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
How old is your son?

My DD is 11 and we go to Specsavers.

The issue is that she's not been in kids sizes for years. Now in teens or adults.

It's all about size of head.
we went to specsavers - hes 8 but at the akward in between sizes stage the kids ones we tried were too small but the teen ones they had in they said were too big - he saw a pair he really liked but they wouldn't let him have them so now hes stuck with none

Before it was easy as you could just pop in and see what was available and try different stores till you found something but now its all appointment only and there none for ages.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Have you tried an independent optician and explained the problem? They are also working on an appointment only basis, but I've found them more flexible than the chains
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

My son is 7 but very tall for his age a lot of the glasses in the children section are too small. He also needs a large prescription so he needs a thick frame for the thick lenses. We have just got him these from specsavers, they are navy with white inside 👍🏻
He is rather proud here as he has just lost his two front teeth!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We use specksavers but they do vary a lot between branches. Where we go are really helpful and you get the bogof offer even though he will get them on the NHS.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
We use specksavers but they do vary a lot between branches. Where we go are really helpful and you get the bogof offer even though he will get them on the NHS.
I just took my dd yesterday and they have changed to second pair half price.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List