Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Apr 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post

First (and probably only!) Timer Plan

Hi all

Well we are 3 months away from our first and possibly only trip to Florida and I am now finalising plans ahead of FastPasses and would really appreciate your thoughts. We're only planning to do Disney in terms of parks and are assuming we're only do this the once so are going for 3 weeks to relax a bit too. Can I get your thoughts on this?

Day 1: Arrive, shopping then retire to villa.
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Day 3: Animal Kingdom (with ROL in the evening)
Day 4: Hollywood Studios
Day 5: Epcot (Reflections of Earth in the evening)
Day 6: Magic Kingdom
Day 7: Mall shopping then villa to relax
Day 8: Animal Kingdom
Day 9: Epcot
Day 10: Day at Clearwater Beach
Day 11: Magic Kingdom
Day 12: Animal Kingdom
Day 13: Kennedy Space Centre
Day 14: Hollywood Studios
Day 15: Typhoon Lagoon
Day 16: Epcot
Day 17: Magic Kingdom
Day 18: Animal Kingdom
Day 19: Discovery Cove
Day 20: Magic Kingdom (CRT in the evening)
Day 21: Magic Kingdom (Happily Ever After in the evening
Day 22: Travel home.

We're planning to get to the parks early each day, do FastPasses then see how we get on, retiring to the villa after lunch and then maybe going back in the evening. We're planning to space things out therefore and not overdo it.

What do you think? Sounds reasonable?

Thank you!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by One Team View Post
Hi all

Well we are 3 months away from our first and possibly only trip to Florida and I am now finalising plans ahead of FastPasses and would really appreciate your thoughts. We're only planning to do Disney in terms of parks and are assuming we're only do this the once so are going for 3 weeks to relax a bit too. Can I get your thoughts on this?

Day 1: Arrive, shopping then retire to villa.
Day 2: Magic Kingdom
Day 3: Animal Kingdom (with ROL in the evening)
Day 4: Hollywood Studios
Day 5: Epcot (Reflections of Earth in the evening)
Day 6: Magic Kingdom
Day 7: Mall shopping then villa to relax
Day 8: Animal Kingdom
Day 9: Epcot
Day 10: Day at Clearwater Beach
Day 11: Magic Kingdom
Day 12: Animal Kingdom
Day 13: Kennedy Space Centre
Day 14: Hollywood Studios
Day 15: Typhoon Lagoon
Day 16: Epcot
Day 17: Magic Kingdom
Day 18: Animal Kingdom
Day 19: Discovery Cove
Day 20: Magic Kingdom (CRT in the evening)
Day 21: Magic Kingdom (Happily Ever After in the evening
Day 22: Travel home.

We're planning to get to the parks early each day, do FastPasses then see how we get on, retiring to the villa after lunch and then maybe going back in the evening. We're planning to space things out therefore and not overdo it.

What do you think? Sounds reasonable?

Thank you!
What I would say is that you have a park almost everyday and the first 4 days starting early you will be fine with your plan. But by day 5 Epcot you would do better to book your fastpasses for afternoon and stay for the fireworks. By day 5 you will be waking up at a more or less usual time for you - not silly o'clock and doing that will give you a lazy morning and save on the travelling. Mix and match your fast pass times to coincide with what you have planned in each park. It can take a fair while to travel around Disney and I'm presuming your villa is offsite. Don't under estimate the travelling time required. Have a great time and I bet it won't be your only visit😎
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks good! My only advice is perhaps a couple of rest days, just speaking from previous visits we've had, we've always found no matter how much we plan to head back to the hotel for the afternoon, it never seems to happen! It's so easy to get caught up in the parks, the atmosphere, parades and shows going on etc - before we know it the day has flown by.

My only other suggestion is finding some time for a look around Disney Springs, even if it's just an afternoon or an evening, it's a great place to visit.

You'll have a fab time! Have fun :-)
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
What I would say is that you have a park almost everyday and the first 4 days starting early you will be fine with your plan. But by day 5 Epcot you would do better to book your fastpasses for afternoon and stay for the fireworks. By day 5 you will be waking up at a more or less usual time for you - not silly o'clock and doing that will give you a lazy morning and save on the travelling. Mix and match your fast pass times to coincide with what you have planned in each park. It can take a fair while to travel around Disney and I'm presuming your villa is offsite. Don't under estimate the travelling time required. Have a great time and I bet it won't be your only visit😎
Thank you for your advice. Yes, I had thought about 'travel time' hence getting the App and then planning to use that whilst on site.
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TheMainMouse View Post
Looks good! My only advice is perhaps a couple of rest days, just speaking from previous visits we've had, we've always found no matter how much we plan to head back to the hotel for the afternoon, it never seems to happen! It's so easy to get caught up in the parks, the atmosphere, parades and shows going on etc - before we know it the day has flown by.

My only other suggestion is finding some time for a look around Disney Springs, even if it's just an afternoon or an evening, it's a great place to visit.

You'll have a fab time! Have fun :-)
Thank you for your advice! We've planned in a day at the beach and planned to get back to the villa to chill most afternoons. By rest day do you literally mean stay at the villa and chill all day?

I keep hearing about Disney Springs, what is so good about it?
Old 27 Apr 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Thank you for your advice! We've planned in a day at the beach and planned to get back to the villa to chill most afternoons. By rest day do you literally mean stay at the villa and chill all day?

I keep hearing about Disney Springs, what is so good about it?
Disney springs is great for a mooch around, lazy day - there is a lake/river, numerous shops (Sephora, Pandora, Ugg) and eating places. you can hire a boat, people watch, just amble around soaking up the atmosphere. Cirque du soleil is based here too which is a great show - I managed to get some tickets from Thompson for July for £46 each
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 17, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I think your going the same day as us we will be following you around some of those days as your Disney Days are very similar to ours, interspersed with water parks and the Universal parks... I know we will be cramming a lot in but hey, you only live once
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dixiechic View Post
Disney springs is great for a mooch around, lazy day - there is a lake/river, numerous shops (Sephora, Pandora, Ugg) and eating places. you can hire a boat, people watch, just amble around soaking up the atmosphere. Cirque du soleil is based here too which is a great show - I managed to get some tickets from Thompson for July for £46 each
Thank you! I've heard it gets stupidly busy though is that correct?
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by curlywurly View Post
I think your going the same day as us we will be following you around some of those days as your Disney Days are very similar to ours, interspersed with water parks and the Universal parks... I know we will be cramming a lot in but hey, you only live once
That's cool! Glad out itinerary's are similar, means I must be doing something right!
Old 27 Apr 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you! I've heard it gets stupidly busy though is that correct?
It can get busy at weekends with locals .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List