Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 May 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Honestly, A and I have had so many heated discussions about the scents in Soarin'. I thought he was making up the thing about the oranges as I never smelled it. I think I may have caught a slight waft once but I've got a feeling I may have made it up just to shut him up. I shall give my nose a good blow and report back on the new one later in the year.

Funny about the non-photographer. I've just scrolled through the photos from last year as I could have sworn I took a pic of him but I didn't. Bet you weren't the only one to creep up on him that day.

Also 🙌🏼 for getting Marceline in on the #usanumberone action.

Ooh I tried the PFIT on one of our last nights, from Starbucks in Disney Springs and I really liked it too. Looking forward to having another (ten).

Shame about Ohana. It's so hard when things get so hyped as nine times out of ten it won't live up to your expectations. You're absolutely right about the chairs being too low for the tables, I recall having the same thought! We would go back though, I thought the prawns were one of the best things I ate all trip but I really didn't like the steak. We couldn't manage the dessert, few spoonfuls of the sauce and that was it.

I like Jo's Mai Tai tshirt! I also like Mai Tais... yum.

Sometimes the gods of transportation are just not on your side. Can't believe no-one gave up their seat for you and Marceline though... puffins...
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It looks like you're figment spotting in world showcase was fun. Shame about dinner, we had a less than brilliant time at Ohanas too. I don't think I've seen a trippie with Negan or Lucille in before, that really made me chuckle Hope you all had a good night's sleep ready for your next adventure

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Those paintings you had your picture in at festival of the arts were so clever.
I was looking forward to the new Soarin'... not so much anymore!
We have the exact same issue with high chairs. My heart sinks whenever restaurants have those big wooden style ones. Charlotte's so nosey she swivels around in them at the speed of light looking in every direction and ends up wobbling all over the place if not stuffed in place with a blanket.
Marble changing table? Jeez whose bright idea was that!
Gutted about 'Ohana not being great. Think it's a victim of its own hype!
Oh, those sunset pics from the boat are beautiful. Marceline's little button nose
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

You do make me laugh! 😂 you are still doing amazingly well to do any of this with a baby in tow, and goodness she is soooo gorgeous! We loved Ohana (i have to admit the salad really did it for me as i was so vegetable deprived all holiday) but we did have a table of really annoying teen girls next to us, who were shrieking all evening and that made me grumpy, so I can relate!
We didnt get to go on Soarin, but sounds like we didnt miss much. Looking forward to reading more.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that. Got to agree with you on the 'Ohana business over rated. !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

Awww what a gorgeous family and I absolutely loved this report 😊. I could totally understand all those experiences you were writing about lol the highs, the lows the stress of a small person being woken at the wrong times etc. It made me remember back to my first trip to the US in 2003 to visit my dad when my daughter was only 1. She will be 16 when we go back in the Summer and it will be our first time at Disney too 😊. We have a dinner reservation at Ohana's so I'm sure your story will pop into my head at some point lol.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story with us 😊😊😊.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishvixen
slightly serious Dibber

Tense day but you coped really well. I feel the same about ohana. Been a couple of times for dinner and once for breakfast and still just don't feel the love.

Oh man trying to get from monorail at MK to bus stops of vice verse is awful and we too now try to avoid the monorail. It's amazing but just far too crowded or not running to be enjoyable any more
scottishvixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Love all Jo's Disney ears...very cute!

Those photos of Marceline on the boat to the Poly with the sunset in the background are just gorgeous!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day, but a shame you weren't feeling Ohanas and you could have done without all the agro trying to get back to SSR

Joan
Old 13 May 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day and loving the hat pictures
we live in Leigh on Sea and we always say we are from London, def much easier... love Essex though a completely underrated county, it's beautiful ... until the next time 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List