Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sally42 View Post
I have 4 LV bags - all bought in USA. 2 were purchased at Mall of Millenia, one at Cesaers Palace and one on Rodeo Drive.
They are all well loved, but I also collect MK, Guess and Coach bags too.
I'm really fussy and can walk into every handbag store on holiday and decline every bag unless it calls to me!
Last time I was in a LV store was just after surgery for my cancer and DH was asking which was my favourite - but none of them were taking my fancy. I'm sure I saw a fleeting glance of relief on his face as we left the store!
Im sure my DH had that feeling to when I stepped away from the Mulberry

(Sorry to hear abut your surgery though )
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you have wished for a designer handbag and you have worked hard and saved for it well done you, no matter what the cost or practicality.
When I was a young teenager I saved my pocket money to buy a pair of Levi jeans. I almost bought them but didn’t and still remember and regret it to this day and I’m over 60 lol!
I have a few MK and Coach bags but only because they fit my criteria of being cross body with a zip and open pockets front and back! I don’t really class these as designer though so for me they are a compromise.
Would I pay over £600+ for a bag? No, but if you have the money and want one especially if you’ve worked hard for it then go for it!
And then enjoy it.
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
Very Serious Dibber

My GF is a big fan of Kate Spade bags, I'm no expert but I do prefer them over your run of the mill LV and Michael Korss stuff that I seem to see everywhere these days.
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

I work very hard for my money. Having my own business, I sometimes work 6-7 days a week.
I don’t feel guilty about treating myself to nice things regardless of cost!
I’m not going to add how much I have spent on them.
But I have bags from Burberry. Prada. Channel.
I also like shoes... 😳
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve got a Mulberry Bayswater satchel which I bought for myself in 2016 when I was called to the bar. I’d wanted one for a long time, and I haven’t regretted it. People balked at the fact I’d bought one and some said I could have gotten a fake for a fraction of the price, but it was never about what other people thought or having people know it was a designer bag, it was something I wanted for me.
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I really love bags and it is the one real splurge I have (I do not really spend much on clothes as I am constantly saying I won't buy nice clothes until I lose weight lol!)

I have 4 Mulberry bags, 2 larger ones, a small crossbody and a clutch, and I also have a Kate Spade, 3 Michael Kors and a Louis Vuitton.
I absolutely love them and I use them all the time. I have had some of them for years and try to look after them as best I can. I regularly send them to the Handbag Spa to be freshened up to extend the life of them even further.

I would say if it is something that you have wanted for years then you should definitely invest. I seen mine as investments. I know that they are expensive, but I work very hard for the money that I have and my husband only buys designer suits (usually Hugo Boss) so I buy bags instead!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Go for it. I love designer handbags, recently bought a YSL and have a few LV and Mulberrys. People that aren't into handbags won't get it, but I have never regretted a penny spent

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I have a couple of MK's that I use on a daily basis, mainly because they are quite big so can fit quite a bit in them. I've got a Prada in the closet that hasn't seen the light of day for a good few years.

OP, you shouldn't feel guilty about treating yourself every so often!
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I understand your dilemma. I’ll happily spend money on holidays but would struggle to part with that same amount of money for a bag that would last for years.

I’ve got a few pairs of expensive shoes that I can’t walk in and I wish I’d have spend the money on a designer bag instead. I think a classic designer handbag could be used everyday for years. I may treat myself or ask hubby for one for my 40th!

You’ve worked hard for that money so enjoy whatever you spend it on!

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I love handbags but haven’t got any designer ones. The most I can stretch to is Radley or cath kidson.

I remember I had wanted a big Radley bag for years and I got one but once it has anything in it is too heavy. It’s sat their in a dust bag. That one is a regret.

I’ve just got promotion and may take a break from buying trainers to get an investment bag.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List