Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Morethescarier7
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
guys has anyone been between the 17th to 27th oct in past years ?

we have always visited between lates September early ocyober and im worrying how different the crowds will be ?

Lisa x
Yes its SO busy, you’ll need express if you don’t want to wait in 1-3 hour queues for each house
Morethescarier7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Yeah we have FF+ with express .. planning on just doing what we can .. it's just I know I get a bit military with it lol
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Morethescarier7
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Yeah we have FF+ with express .. planning on just doing what we can .. it's just I know I get a bit military with it lol
You’ll be fine if you have express, don’t worry. We went 17 sept- October 1st and I was shocked at how busy it was on week nights especially. Have a great time!
Best houses by far are poltergeist and trick r treat
Morethescarier7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We did our first day on Sunday and speaking to the team, there were 10K up on the Saturday before and about 20K up on the Columbus Day Sunday last year.

Saying that we started in Finnegans (Had early supper @3pm due to rain and stayed put to released from holding pen).

We did the houses down the front with FF with Express in less than 1.5 hrs and intend to do the other 5 from Simpson's tonight.

That gives us 4 extra nights to do whatever houses we want to do again

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Morethescarier7 View Post
You’ll be fine if you have express, don’t worry. We went 17 sept- October 1st and I was shocked at how busy it was on week nights especially. Have a great time!
Best houses by far are poltergeist and trick r treat
This is the times we normally go but just got back from west coast HHN so a bit later this year .. just worried with it being closer to Halloween than usual
Old 11 Oct 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
We did our first day on Sunday and speaking to the team, there were 10K up on the Saturday before and about 20K up on the Columbus Day Sunday last year.

Saying that we started in Finnegans (Had early supper @3pm due to rain and stayed put to released from holding pen).

We did the houses down the front with FF with Express in less than 1.5 hrs and intend to do the other 5 from Simpson's tonight.

That gives us 4 extra nights to do whatever houses we want to do again
S+S is fab ... we normally manage to all the houses each night .. but we are a bit HHN freak lol.

Still gonna miss bill & ted this year, it seems such a bummer with it being 80s theming

Lisa x
Old 12 Oct 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

We only got back from our trip last Saturday and HHN was definitely one of my top highlights out of all the visits I’ve had to Orlando. We done two nights at HHN - one night without fast pass and one night with fast pass. Both nights we done 'stay and scream' which was fun and it was a great atmosphere. This was our first time doing HHN and I'm so glad we were there when it was on. It just blew my mind the way the park transforms for this event in terms of detail and atmosphere.

On our first night we were taken aback by the wait times for the houses. I had no idea this event would be so busy and I never knew much about it prior to travelling. That first night we only managed two houses (Scary Tales and Seeds of Extinction) but managed to wander about all the scare zones and soak in the atmosphere as well as seeing the Academy of Villains show. The souvenir drink tumblers were a nice touch and after a few drinks the stock American theme park cuisine (pizza fries) went down a treat.

Fair play to people that managed the bulk of the houses without fast passes. It seemed every house at times were 45 to 55 minutes and for me I couldn't imagine queuing like that for more than 2 or 3 houses.

After that first night I was desperate to do all the houses, as was my wife, so we decided to get fast passes for the 2nd night. This cost us a pretty penny but it definitely seemed the way to go. We are both big fans of Strangers Things so this was high on our list of houses to do and appears to be the house with the longest wait time. I think at one point it reached 120 minutes on our first night. Being a big horror fan myself I was also really keen to do Halloween 4 and Poltergeist as well as the Chucky and Killer Klowns scare zones. Because we had already done one night at HHN we knew the general routine for the 2nd night. We headed to Finnegan’s holding area and we were released into the park at about 17:45. Everyone made a beeline for Stranger Things and I think we waited about 20 minutes with our fast passes. The rest of our wait times with fast passes for other houses varied e.g. Halloween 4 was a 45 minute wait but with fast pass we literally walked straight into the house, no waiting at all.

Unfortunately my wife started to feel a bit unwell as the night wore on so we decided to call it a day. We had, by this point, done 8 out of the 10 houses in the one night as well as some of the rides that were open and all the scare zones. We had re-done the two houses from the first night so it was Blumhouse and Dead Exposure that we missed to complete the full set. Spent a fortune on merch (5 t-shirts, lanyard, wife got a ST hoodie and a travel tumbler).

Best House: A bit biased seen as I’m a big fan of the show but Stranger Things. The level of detail and thought behind this house blew me away. The fact the actors within the house look like the actors from the show was great and it follows season 1 very well. Quite a few decent scares as well. Got goosebumps when I heard the theme tune blasting out in the park.

Scariest House: Scary Tales by a long shot but only due to a slightly unfortunate issue with a girl in front of us. She got her hair tangled in something so the people in front of her had moved on creating a big gap. We got ushered to keep moving and because we had no one in front of us we had no idea when the scares would come. With most of the houses you can see the scares ahead of you but not this time.

Not sure if we’ll ever be back in Orlando when HHN is on again however seeing that Tim Tracker covers it extensively I can see myself tuning in from here on in.

Edited at 02:36 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Great update Rowbo
Thank you
DisneyPCLI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We're here now in the stay & scream section... can't wait...
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Have a fab night!