Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Tooth pain after extraction!

I had my back bottom tooth out on friday, I explained that I had a party and meal at the weekend and that we would we going away. The Dentist said My tooth was infected and loose and had to come out, she numbed the gum 4 times and I still felt pain. She struggled but eventually got it out and it was so painful, I went away and have been in pain ever since! The weekend was nice but I was in constant pain, I took paracetomol and carried on, I have been rinsing in salt water but nothing helps much. Is this normal? my ear, cheek and gum is so painful and this is the fifth day, it isnt any worse but not any better either x
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Mobile

Sounds like you have dry socket (I think it’s called) you should return to the dentist have the wound cleaned and get antibiotics. Did you lose the clot early on?
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I dont know if theres a clot or not, I need to try and look x
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Could you have an infection if the tooth was infected? When I had a back tooth out just before I went away my dentist gave me “just in case” antibiotics to take. Luckily I didn’t need them but maybe you do. You shouldn’t be in pain 5 days later.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I am phoning the dentist tomorrow as it was tough getting it out I thought thats why it was still painful now. She said I would have a miserable weekend if she didnt pull it, well I was in pain all weekend and couldnt really have a drink. I tried joining in and having a dance but wasnt really up to it! This weekend was planned months ago for my aunts 80th birthday x
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
laura
Imagineer

I had a bottom back tooth out last year and I ended up with dry socket, it is extremely painful so I would recommend you go back to dentist ASAP, I had never heard of it before, my dentist had to pack it out twice and I had to go back a few times to check on healing process, did take a while for hole to eventually close, i didn’t have any problems with the extraction of tooth so it’s one of those things that can happen for no reason at all, I hope you get something sorted out for it as it’s not a nice thing to have.
Old 16 Oct 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I can totally recommend using Igloo. It is an antiseptic and an anesthetiser. It was in pain when I had a big upper double tooth removed two years ago and, despite visits to the dentist a couple of times, this was the only thing that took the pain away completely. It is the consistency of a very very thick Vaseline, not to be rubbed in but spread over the gum.

Good luck, it is horrid.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

I had a wisdom tooth out about 4 weeks ago, and I too posted on here concerned about the after pain. I am normally good with pain and rarely take medications, but I was taking pain relief for about 5 days.

I went back and got the dentist to give it a quick check, and I would encourage you to do the same. It will give you reassurance that it is healing as it should, and if there is an issue the dentist can address this.

Good luck
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had a premolar taken out in hospital today, I have weird reactions to local anaesthetic so the dentist wouldn’t do it at the surgery, and touch wood, apart from feeling like I’ve been smacked in the face, the tooth (hole! ) itself isn’t hurting. I’ve had paracetamol and ibuprofen today but I’m not too uncomfortable. I’m in shock as usually I’m not great with pain. Might be a different story tomorrow though.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
I am phoning the dentsit first thing in the morning, the pain from bad tooth wasnt as bad as the pain am feeling now!