Notices

Old 6 Nov 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
More Updates!

Well the time is certainly flying by. 😱 Adam called Cooper’s School this week to see if there was a certificate/ record they could provide verifying Cooper’s vaccination. They are going to check and get back to us. I know it won’t change anything but it might make Adam feel better to have something in writing. He also is going to notify School this week that Cooper will be finishing early, I know this would not be everyone’s choice, however it is the only opportunity they have to go and I am not going to let him miss out.

We already have family travel insurance but Adam booked a one off Staysure Package with the COVID cover for this trip. He managed to find a discount code and saved 15% which was a bonus.

All the shopping we have done so far has arrived to Debbie - Angelbabe here on the Dibb. Her communication is brilliant and we are looking forward to doing a bit more shopping over the next 2 weeks!

I also encouraged Adam to make a couple more restaurant reservations. He decided on NBC Bar and Grill on their second night at the Hard Rock. They food is normally pretty good and the atmosphere is fun!

When they more back to the Rosen they are going to have an afternoon/evening at Disney Springs so they are going to try out Cityworks. We have watched a few vlogs on this and the menu looks great, I think as DS can get so busy, they will be thankful for a Reservation.

They are also hoping to get to Ole Red on I-drive, however they don’t take reservations so they will just have to wing this one. I’m sure they won’t have any issues as it is only the two of them. We love live music so I’m sure this one will be a hit with Adam (plus he has a man crush on Blake Shelton!).

We have also booked the boys Pre-departure tests with Randox at Manchester Airport. We could have probably utilised the at home, on-line version but we would like it to be as stress free as possible. Apparently the results will be back within 1-3 hours. They are going to do it on the Friday night, so that if there are any issues they still have time for more tests on the Saturday if needed.

We have spent the best part of this week trying to find summerish clothes that will fit Cooper and that he will deem acceptable enough to to put on his body. 🙄😂 He has now decided that he has found his fashion sense and style - however I’m not quite sure exactly what it is? 🤨 He is so tall and slim and anything that fits him in the length is too big for his tiny waist. Thankfully I found loads of shorts on the adidas website that were on sale, in his size and deemed ‘ok’ by his highness.

Now we just need the boys to avoid all social interactions for the next four weeks and they might have a real chance at getting on the plane!

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Michelle how exciting for Adam & Cooper !
You really sound thrilled for them , isn’t it amazing that after what the world has been through this past (almost) 2 years that it can be so thrilling for others to start beginning to do those things that bring such fun/joy 💜
I must say when our son went over to Orlando a few years ago to stay with his friend who had moved there I was not upset my first thought was list making and upgrading him to PE on his return so I had a whole case for him to fill 😂
Debbie is absolutely brilliant, can’t fault her service, she has shipped lots over the past 18months and it’s been worth every penny !
We also love The Radisson although we haven’t gave the lounge ago .
Can’t wait to read more
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Michelle how exciting for Adam & Cooper !
You really sound thrilled for them , isn’t it amazing that after what the world has been through this past (almost) 2 years that it can be so thrilling for others to start beginning to do those things that bring such fun/joy 💜
I must say when our son went over to Orlando a few years ago to stay with his friend who had moved there I was not upset my first thought was list making and upgrading him to PE on his return so I had a whole case for him to fill 😂
Debbie is absolutely brilliant, can’t fault her service, she has shipped lots over the past 18months and it’s been worth every penny !
We also love The Radisson although we haven’t gave the lounge ago .
Can’t wait to read more
Emma x
Thank you Emma 😁 The boys are really excited and thankfully not feeling so guilty anymore. I just keep reminding them how much they love the big coasters at Universal and all the amazing meals they are going to have. Life is too short to not make the most of the fun things that come your way.

#bestmumever I love that you set to work on your son’s upgrade (yay for extra luggage). I am working on being as organised as you. 😆

Yes, Debbie’s is fantastic, I’m so pleased that we are able to give her our business again! I love the Raddison and you will need to treat yourself next time to club level!

Take care and I hope you are having a great weekend. Michelle xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 21, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinkle-Dolphin
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab news for the boys. I’m sure they’ll bring you back lots of lovely things
Old 7 Nov 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twinkle-Dolphin View Post
Fab news for the boys. I’m sure they’ll bring you back lots of lovely things
Thank you Twinkle, I think they really are starting to get excited. Yes, thankfully they will have room for my Bath and Body Works order!
Old 13 Nov 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

How exciting for your boys. I love how awesome and excited you are for them!

The Ole Red looks amazing, I think I'm going to add it to our list!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Your plans for Adam and Cooper are amazing Michelle, they're going to have such a fun time. I'm gutted you can't go with them but am very impressed with your shopping list for Debbie, just think of all the goodies you'll receive . Also having the bonus of a clean house for a week with no messy boys/men, just you and Milo . In fact that sounds like a dream at the moment
Looking forward to reading all about their time, I hope Adam remembers to take lots of photos!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
How exciting for your boys. I love how awesome and excited you are for them!

The Ole Red looks amazing, I think I'm going to add it to our list!
Thank you Sarah, they really are starting to get excited now. Two weeks tomorrow until they have their tests, so we will be holiday our breath until then!

Yes, Ole Red looks great, I think the fact that they have live music is a real draw. I will be interested to see what they think.
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Your plans for Adam and Cooper are amazing Michelle, they're going to have such a fun time. I'm gutted you can't go with them but am very impressed with your shopping list for Debbie, just think of all the goodies you'll receive . Also having the bonus of a clean house for a week with no messy boys/men, just you and Milo . In fact that sounds like a dream at the moment
Looking forward to reading all about their time, I hope Adam remembers to take lots of photos!
Thanks Alicia, I really hope the weather is good for them and that they have a fantastic time. Yes, I have managed to shop quite well and if they get to go (covid tests pending!) I will send pics of my haul. It is going to be so quiet in our house the strangest bit will be not having to cook every night. I’m going to live on picky bits and nibbles oh and wine.

Adam is under strict instructions for pics, we’ll just have to see how that goes. I hope you are all keeping well, not long til your trip now! Xx
Old 19 Nov 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
How fast does the time go?

We now have plane snacks, new tracksuits (for Cooper only as he is a fashion forward teen ) and toiletries.

Adam and I are both still too nervous to get the suitcases out of the loft. He is currently on house quarantine, Cooper still has to go to school, so this feels like Russian Roulette.

Everything is booked, it is now just the waiting games for the tests to be completed and then the real excitement can begin.

I have purchases from Sephora, Williams Sonoma, Walmart, Hobby Lobby and Bath and Body Works. If I could find anyone else that took PayPal I would totally buy more. I am sending Adam for more once he actually arrives.

So this is our song for the moment!

Makes me smile, also we like Applebee’s.

I am so excited to be reading everyone’s trip reports so far. Fingers crossed for the boys! 💝