Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jun 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Leaving Kids

Hey, not to sound mean or unfatherly lol but can you leave your 12 and 10 year old anywhere at Universal, Disney, Seaworld etc when you are on big coasters that they are scared of😂😱. I am going just me and the boys next year and they are fine on simulators, water rides but not coasters🙄.

Terry
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There isn’t a special place to leave them but they can queue with you and then opt not to ride (‘the chicken exit’) and wait for you at the exit of the ride (usually a gift shop).

You need to decide if you are comfortable that they are old enough to do this. There aren’t any rules on it.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jenksy74 View Post
Hey, not to sound mean or unfatherly lol but can you leave your 12 and 10 year old anywhere at Universal, Disney, Seaworld etc when you are on big coasters that they are scared of😂😱. I am going just me and the boys next year and they are fine on simulators, water rides but not coasters🙄.

Terry
I thought this was about leaving them at home as they haven’t been vaccinated at first 😆
Old 6 Jun 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
There isn’t a special place to leave them but they can queue with you and then opt not to ride (‘the chicken exit’) and wait for you at the exit of the ride (usually a gift shop).

You need to decide if you are comfortable that they are old enough to do this. There aren’t any rules on it.
Nah dunno if I would feel comfortable Bevs97 and I think it would be a bit mean... I will probably just do lots of non coaster stuff, we will be doing Discovery Cove etc this time round and they will go on simulator rides, plenty of them at Universal
Jenksy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenksy74
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
I thought this was about leaving them at home as they haven’t been vaccinated at first 😆
😂😂😂... Would like to think they will be vaccinated by next April
Old 6 Jun 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

They can walk the que with you at Universal /Sea World and wait in the baby’s swap room
It’s all about how much trust you have in them not to squabble storm off etc I often walk the que with DH and just wait have to say had a few miss adventures Hagrids ride at Universal the last trip really didn’t fancy it Duleing Dragons wasn’t my favorite so stupidly thought it be the same but I loved it
But no way am I allowed on TOT as I caused an incident last time and I’ve never been allowed to forget it
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Take them on some smaller coasters and they might decide to join you on some bigger ones
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The probably will love mako , it’s really smooth and I love it and I hate coasters . They may surprise you once they get there. 😁
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

I would try to persuade them to try it ... they might like it! They are ok ages to perhaps leave them in the child swap rooms? Universl do this better than Disney in my view. You queue together and then the rooms are at the front. You ride and then pick them up. They wouldn’t be in there very long. Not really what the rooms are meant for though and depends how much you trust them. I would trust my 11 year old to be sensible.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I would have been ok with our kids waiting a short while at that age, especially together. They could queue with you and watch the ride and they might decide to try it if they see others their age riding. If not they can take the chicken exit and wait the ten minutes of so for you.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List