Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Looks like BA maybe thinking of dropping Gatwick again

Just read the below, might be worth looking for a plan b for those booked out of Gatwick with BA

simpleflying/british-air...pping-gatwick/
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tillymoon
Excited about Disney

oh i hope not , only just plucked up the courage to book flights with BA for Easter 2022 after our failed Easter 2020 trip!

what would happen with our flights i wonder, would they honour bookings and change to heathrow ? ...is that wishful thinking ?

DLP 2012
WDW, SSR, RPR and Gulf coast 2017
next trip WDW, US, DS, SW -Easter 2020 !
tillymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Would be a shame but not surprising. I've been trying to price up December flights as a rough guide for next year and looks like they've already bumped LGW-MCO down to seasonal. Can't see anything Nov-Mar out of LGW. The only months I like to go.

I can see why it makes operational sense for them, especially since one of their strongest selling points are the London hub routes. I think most airlines are going to choose one or the other, at least in the short-medium term.

Originally Posted by tillymoon View Post
oh i hope not , only just plucked up the courage to book flights with BA for Easter 2022 after our failed Easter 2020 trip!

what would happen with our flights i wonder, would they honour bookings and change to heathrow ? ...is that wishful thinking ?
A change of London airports is fairly standard, I don't think it even counts as a significant change for most operators. So they should rebook you out of LHR if it happens.

Edited at 11:03 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the rumours are that BA will focus Long Haul from LHR going forward and Gatwick for short haul due to a slightly more flexible curfew.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh fuss our February flights are Gatwick it makes no difference for us but Heathrow does actually offer better times for us coming home as we can usually get an earlier flight to Edinburgh from there we are right smack bang between Glasgow and Edinburgh so getting into Edinburgh at 12 mid day is fantastic compared to sometimes 3pm after a 7 am landing at Gatwick Heathrow is usually the later departure from MCO
Arrives 9 am and we get the 11 ish flight back up
Honestly I don’t care right now I’d go in a hot air ballon to get there
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

We just booked Gatwick last week for 2022. We are going outbound Gatwick from Glasgow as gets in to MCO earlier, but inbound Heathrow to Edinburgh as gets us home quicker! I'm not so fussed, as long as we are guaranteed a seat on a Heathrow flight at no extra cost...
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I live nearer Heathrow but prefer Gatwick. Give the state of the traffic at the moment I think we'd have to stay overnight for either!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We have booked Easter- fly out of Gatwick and back to Heathrow. Live in the north east as planning to get the train down to London. I liked the earlier flight time from Gatwick. We have also booked a couple of rooms at Gatwick night before flight through BA , I’m assuming those can be cancelled if they change airport. Plus I’m wondering if they would add local airport connections on for us rather than getting train. Obviously we would pay but I would like the booking connected.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Does anyone know if BA did move us over to a Heathrow flight, would they waive any charge to move my EDI flight to Heathrow if requested? As I specifically avoided a route that would mean travelling between airports to get a connection! We aren't covered by book with confidence as arrive back after 30th April 2022 so no free amendments as far as I know, though it is a package.

Edited at 07:36 AM.
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

There are so many big houses near Gatwick that make their living by providing stay and park, I feel so sorry for them.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List