Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

DLP first week of January?

Hi lovely people of the dibb im bouncing round a few dates to visit Disney land paris and was wondering what straight after new year is like? Im looking at the 2nd-5th jan before my kids are back at school. Is this still mega busy or does it begin to calm down at all? Also does anyone know if the direct eurostar trains still run through january the inbound doesn't seem available yet?

Many thanks
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I'm also interested in going around this time. With uni holiday dates etc, it's basically the only time I can go. Aware it will be cold and not too bothered, I live in Scotland so perfectly used to it lol. I would be flying but definitely interested in crowds etc.
Old 27 Feb 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We went at this time many years ago and had a fantastic trip. All the christmas decorations were still in place but on the final day some had gone overnight. We didn’t notice the parks being particularly busy, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel which was handy for popping back to the room for a rest. I’d definitely consider going again at this time of year if the price was right. We took hats, gloves, thermals etc expecting it to be very cold but it was very warm.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve just rescheduled our trip to 4 Jan 22 (we were due to go July 2020 then Dec 2020 and then July 21!). We’re tied by Uni dates so think that’s our best option now. We’ve been late Jan before and also 1-5 Jan. it’s definitely cold and started off busy but got less busy as time went on and on the early trip we got to see the Christmas decorations and parades (not Santa but that was fine for us). I don’t know about Eurostar as we’re flying from Bristol. I just need a hotel now. We’ve stayed in most of the Disney hotels but stayed in ibis val d’europe last time as it was just DD17 and me and wanted a cheap trip. It was great, and easy train ride to DLP and Paris. Tried to book this again but says it’s full! Not sure it is or its just too early to book.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Thanks for your reply iv gone for it and booked 2nd-5th jan staying at sequoia lodge we are a family of 5 so had to book two roims whichcame in at £1089 which i didnt think was too bad for two rooms and half the price of any other dates i had looked at! I also rang eurostar and it looks like the direct trains finish on the 3rd jan so am hoping to get direct out but will come home indirect. Super excited. I am goung to keep my eye out for any offers though i. E. Free half board etc or golden forest room availability as would really like breakfast at the hotel as find it alot easier with kids!
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

Ha I am going on the 3rd - 6th Jan.

Bitterly disappointed that the eurostar does not go from Ashford International. London would be a pain as there are five of us going from three different locations. We would have to stay overnight the day before and parking looks to be a NCP.

Has anyone got a rough idea of the Eurostar price on these dates..?
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List