Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Yes it was complete package, hotel and car and he wasn’t very helpful!

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
The agent you spoke to was correct flight only(that you can add a car/one night hotel/flydrive etc) won't be released for May 2022 but BA Holidays have released some information this week for booking up to 17th October 2022 that I popped into my previous reply. It is purely for a full hotel stay with flights, not fly drive or flights with 1 nt hotel stays though - here is the link and the information is at the bottom of the page:-

britishairways/en-gb...g-ahead#beyond

This offer may not be suitable for your holiday so apologies in advance if the information isn't what you need
2002 - Magic Castle, Kissimmee & Mariot Suites Boca Raton
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ak1985
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Last night we booked with Virgin for 17 nights in August school holidays 2022.

Heathrow to Miami
7 seater car for duration
£720pp

Do i think its premium prices - a little, possibly.

We paid around £650pp for Aug 20 through BA and felt like it was a bargain at the time for the same package. As many have said, nobody knows what way this will go but the price we've paid could easily be classed as reasonable and an amount we were comfortable at paying within our budget.

Plus... i will drive myself mad over the next 6 months checking flight prices, so happy its all done.

We have also booked our Disney and Universal tickets through Virgin as the 7% flying club membership discount applies to these too. Therefore, that saved us about £210 based on the cheapest i'd seen elsewhere. Any premium for flights is now wiped out i feel because of this.

We've always wanted to go Miami too but never committed whilst staying in Orlando, so this gives us the chance to do this.
ak1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

I just don’t know what to do. Not sure if I ring BA to get a quote now or wait. I just don’t want to pay a premium even though they are selling it as ‘exclusive’
Aarti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ak1985
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by Aarti View Post
I just don’t know what to do. Not sure if I ring BA to get a quote now or wait. I just don’t want to pay a premium even though they are selling it as ‘exclusive’
Try this number and ask to be put through to sales. 020 8707 4460

This worked for me when i got a quote although i felt it was too high.

They will only give you Flight + Hotel for full duration. No flexibility in this.
ak1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you!
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Prices seem rather stable for flights generally during the rest of 2021 and into 2022 and working on the 330 day on a search engine or most airline sites and 350 day BA parameters on which flights are available to view... for most cities. I do not really monitor Orlando in and out as it is not something that I would want to buy at the price required and this, for several years. I invariably multi city and sometimes Orlando is simply a part of a vacation at the end.

I monitor one ways to Boston, NY, Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, Oakland and LA on Google flights, reasoning that they are not solely tourist routes and that therefore I can get to the USA at better value, spend a few days learning things and then get an internal to Orlando. One ways home from Florida seem much cheaper than into.. and it is not only due to APD.
The prices of internals also seem pretty stable, well sub £100pp from pretty much anywhere.
When I think that I have found a really good route in, I then play with multi cities, flying out of any one of Tampa, Miami and Orlando.
Once I have bought my longhauls, I then plan my vacation and seek the internal flight(s).

This is not for everyone, but what I am suggesting is that many may find the traditional, direct or even simple indirect routes into the Orlando area far more expensive than they wish to pay.. or can even reasonably afford. Maybe with a bit of lateral thinking, some may pick another USA location that they have always wanted to see and do a multi centre DIY.
4 Days in Boston then 10 or more in Orlando?
4 Days NY then 10 in Orlando?
4 Days Las Vegas then 10 in Orlando.

I have been doing this sort of thing for years and bolting Orlando on the back end of other things. The only problem is that I now seek multi centres with Orlando not even figuring, such has been the attraction of those other cities.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

The number on the BA site for the Orlando Holidays up to the 17th October 2022 is 0344 493 0120 and there are only certain agents who are able to give the full information and book if appropriate. It is purely for the full holiday of flights and hotel for the entire stay - sadly not amendable for fly drive etc. ak1985 is correct there is no flexibility.

Good luck Aatri whatever you decide to do - I am sure you will get sorterd out at some point.

Edited at 01:25 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hangfire View Post
it's a tricky one, looks like only British Airways & Virgin are offering direct flight for 2022 at the moment? And only from Heathrow if travelling from London?
Which sites are you looking at? BA won't let me go that far ahead.
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I think prices will be through the roof next year, there will be no escaping it.

It’s simple demand and supply. This is no 9/11 situation, vaccinated people will be desperate for holidays, many of the working ones with big bank balances wanting to reward themselves. There are of course trimmed down fleets but that is maybe neutral on supply as there’s less business travellers. The downside is that business travellers, booking tickets late in business class etc often pay through the nose and ‘subsidise’ the holidaymakers. So that could knock on in increased prices too if Joe Public can pay.
It would not actually surprise me if people are struggling to get flights in school holidays once holidays become a cert.
This is what concerns me. Really not sure what I should do. I know if I book now that I will be paying over the odds but then what if prices get even more crazy?
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Aarti
slightly serious Dibber

These are my exact thoughts. Just don’t know what to do. You have to ring BA to book for summer 2022. Here is the link.

britishairways/en-gb...g-ahead#beyond

I might call and get a quote as nothing to loose this ways

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
This is what concerns me. Really not sure what I should do. I know if I book now that I will be paying over the odds but then what if prices get even more crazy?