Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Thomson Flight Schedule

Hi,

Having gone from Manchester last May with Thomson just looking at prices for the same month next year.

It only appears they are going on Tuesday and Saturday's, I am sure there were more flights last year?

Something also doesn't seem quite right on the PE bookings, as some of the flights are only offering extra leg room availability, unless they are using different aircraft for some of the flights.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

I have ended up booking with Virgin but yes you are right the flights have definitely been reduced for next year. We were looking to fly with them again but the prices were not right and on a Tuesday which was a bit too early for us in the week (prefer to fly closer to a weekend so when come home have the weekend to recover). Saturday didn't suit us either. When we last flew with them in September 2015 they were offering Tuesday, Thursday, Friday flights which I thought was better but I think they have added a few new Caribbean routes from Man now so probably don't have the aircraft to cover more days to Orlando. Obviously they will put more flights on where the popular bookings are.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

I also think they have amended the schedule too regarding the problems several of us had this year, in being downgraded from PE.
A lot of the flights I looked at have no PE at all, just extra leg room seats.
johnnysharp2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

I've been looking at Thomson for next July and they are only doing Tuesday and Saturday from Manchester so not a lot of flexibility and again no premium class on some flights.

My worry would be if the plane went tech would they have another one available , are all Thomson's planes Dreamliner's?

Think I will look at Thomas cook as more dates to choose from as prefer direct.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

As expected, demand down, flights cut.

Probably mean prices will go up with TC and Virgin.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
I've been looking at Thomson for next July and they are only doing Tuesday and Saturday from Manchester so not a lot of flexibility and again no premium class on some flights.

My worry would be if the plane went tech would they have another one available , are all Thomson's planes Dreamliner's?

Think I will look at Thomas cook as more dates to choose from as prefer direct.
Not sure if they still have any 767's in operation, I know based upon our May experience they have different Dreamliners whereby some have no PE seats.
Old 3 Sep 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Thomson has several Dreamliners and uses them solely for long-haul destinations (other than during early familiarisation in the first few months after taking delivery). Because they're relatively, but not brand, new they're less likely to go technical.

In the event of tech failure a replacement plane is statistically more likely to be dual cabin since all 10 (I think it's 10) of the 787s are long haul and hence dual cabin. Thomson does however have 4 long-range 767s that continue to ply some long haul routes (but not SFB) and at least one of those is single cabin only, so an unplanned substitution could be single cabin, if you're unlucky...
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob View Post
Thomson has several Dreamliners and uses them solely for long-haul destinations (other than during early familiarisation in the first few months after taking delivery). Because they're relatively, but not brand, new they're less likely to go technical.

In the event of tech failure a replacement plane is statistically more likely to be dual cabin since all 10 (I think it's 10) of the 787s are long haul and hence dual cabin. Thomson does however have 4 long-range 767s that continue to ply some long haul routes (but not SFB) and at least one of those is single cabin only, so an unplanned substitution could be single cabin, if you're unlucky...
When we were downgraded for our return flight in May, the cabin crew told us we were on a short haul Dreamliner. It had no PE, just extra leg room seats at the front.
Going off their prices and schedule for next year it seems they might be using those short haul Dreamliners on quite a lot of flights as there are many advertised with no PE available.
Old 3 Sep 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

In the summer months some of the dreamliners are converted to all economy and used on very busy routes to the likes of Majorca etc. I know this because my family was on one last year to Palma. Then once busy months are passed they put the PE seats back in for the winter long haul season. They obviously sent you the short haul configured one as it was all they had available hence losing out on PE. They do have 767's still in operation, 4 if I am correct used on the busy routes around Europe.

Maybe Man hols to Orlando where not selling well so decided to put their planes elsewhere.
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
johnnysharp2
Excited about Disney

Well we are hoping to return next May but hardly any flights running from Manchester that have PE and the one's that are at the moment are expensive.

I can only see 2 flights that have PE for the whole month that have availability and having phoned Thomson they aren't able to tell me whether it's because PE is full or whether it's a plane with no PE.

Is there anywhere you can check?

Edited at 05:00 PM.