Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you both! Yes lots of luggage although im desperately trying to get it down to two suitcases only!
We were going to stay at hotel night before but it's all gone up in the air so now travelling on morning. It's a Sunday and flight is 10.30, so I'll try for 6.30am setting off from home st 5.30? Omg I'll have be up at 4.30! Ouch!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Thank you very much both. I shall make sure we are there early! What time does check in open do you know? This is manchester? Thank you
It is three hours with Virgin at Manchester... are you checking in online the night before.

Just on your seats not showing, it used to be the same for us when we requested baulkhead seats in PE for my wife because she was disabled... always got them but never showed up until we checked in at the airport
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
It is three hours with Virgin at Manchester... are you checking in online the night before.

Just on your seats not showing, it used to be the same for us when we requested baulkhead seats in PE for my wife because she was disabled... always got them but never showed up until we checked in at the airport
Ah that's reassuring to know about the bulkhead. No we can't do olci as I've got an infant on lap so he effectively doesn't have a booking so I can't do it.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Ah that's reassuring to know about the bulkhead. No we can't do olci as I've got an infant on lap so he effectively doesn't have a booking so I can't do it.
shame that...

do you get fast track through security though
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

shame that...

do you get fast track through security though
Yes! As we are PE and have a pram. I can't decide what to do night before... we can either stay in a hotel and do twilight check in (presuming they have it?!). The advantage is we are right there in the morning and cxn sort seats night before plus dump our bags. The disadvantage is having two toddler causes issues with beds as we need two travel cots or have to share a bed etc. I'd have to pack another bag just for overnight, I'd have to worry about breakfast and food in evening and all of us struggling to sleep might be stressful. If we travel in morning kids can have their own beds night before so get a good rest - as can we, we have all day day before to pack and we don't have to worry about an overnight bag. But we'd have to get up at stupid o clock. Argh. I just can't decide. I don't want to stay in hotel but equally I'm worried about getting theses seats. Dilemma!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

No twilight check in with vs at MAN, unfortunately
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Yes! As we are PE and have a pram. I can't decide what to do night before... we can either stay in a hotel and do twilight check in (presuming they have it?!). The advantage is we are right there in the morning and cxn sort seats night before plus dump our bags. The disadvantage is having two toddler causes issues with beds as we need two travel cots or have to share a bed etc. I'd have to pack another bag just for overnight, I'd have to worry about breakfast and food in evening and all of us struggling to sleep might be stressful. If we travel in morning kids can have their own beds night before so get a good rest - as can we, we have all day day before to pack and we don't have to worry about an overnight bag. But we'd have to get up at stupid o clock. Argh. I just can't decide. I don't want to stay in hotel but equally I'm worried about getting theses seats. Dilemma!
Personally I'd travel the morning you fly. We did it years ago with a 6 month old and 2 year old and whilst we were only about 45 minutes from the airport I think the advantages of being at home was that you are "guaranteed" ( as much as you can be) that the kids will sleep well... it may be an early start but again the kids can sleep in their seats and buggy ( hopefully). Plus as you mentioned you too should get a decent nights sleep
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Anne K View Post
No twilight check in with vs at MAN, unfortunately
Thanks Anne, that's helped me decide no to hotel then as only advantage is the time we have to get up (and any possible traffic delays but I'll try and check that out). Think having our own bed and a good sleep night before is important. Thank you
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Thanks Anne, that's helped me decide no to hotel then as only advantage is the time we have to get up (and any possible traffic delays but I'll try and check that out). Think having our own bed and a good sleep night before is important. Thank you
where you travelling from
Old 12 Sep 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Personally I'd travel the morning you fly. We did it years ago with a 6 month old and 2 year old and whilst we were only about 45 minutes from the airport I think the advantages of being at home are that you are "guaranteed" ( as much as you can be) the kids will sleep well... it may be an early start but again the kids can sleep in their seats and buggy ( hopefully). Plus as you mentioned you too should get a decent nights sleep
Yes I think you're right. I did originally book hotel but soon after I did I started thinking I'd made a mistake as kids are of that age where we either have great nights or terrible nights and if one wakes and we are on one room none of us will sleep. At least if we are home and one of them is up we can take it in shifts and rest in between. I don't relish the flight as it is but on very little sleep and grumpy kids it will be awful. Best bet is to stay home I think and travel. Will just have to try and get to bed mega early!
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2023 - POFQ & AKL