Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 May 18, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pink_Fairy_Dust
Very Serious Dibber

Birthday at WDW - what would you do?

This year I will be celebrating my birthday whilst at WDW (wooh). Its in December and it will be the third day of our trip. I really can't decide what I want to do on that day though i.e. what Disney park, whether even to go to a park or have a pool/resort day, whether to do a tour and where I want to eat etc

There are just so many options!

What would a perfect way to spend your birthday at WDW? - Hoping for the inspiration to help me decide!

MK is obviously a big contender with dinner at BOG, although I like the menu now and am not a fan of the menu changes that are coming. My boyfriend thinks we should then do Hoop Dee Doo on the evening which we both love - I don't think MVMCP is on, on my bday itself.

As I say though there are just so many options!

I will be 35! Argh!

Edited at 01:40 PM.
Pink_Fairy_Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I have been contemplating whether to go to WDW next year or year after and the year after would be my big five-oh birthday.

The attraction of a five-oh birthday at WDW is that I can have a fabulously full and busy day. Other birthdays we have done at more serene places, my husbands 40th (some years ago but the most recent big birthday) was in Bora Bora which was amazing, swimming, sunbathing, a fantastic snorkelling trip and then a nice evening meal.

I don't think I will be in WDW for my 50th, but I was thinking along the lines of spending the night before dinner at BOG or CRT. Then a California Grill brunch on the big day as it will be a Sunday, then a quick trip to the parks and then a V&A evening meal.

Hmm maybe that is what I should do. I just know OH doesn't want to.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

I did Discovery Cove on my 30th Birthday xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have been contemplating whether to go to WDW next year or year after and the year after would be my big five-oh birthday.

The attraction of a five-oh birthday at WDW is that I can have a fabulously full and busy day. Other birthdays we have done at more serene places, my husbands 40th (some years ago but the most recent big birthday) was in Bora Bora which was amazing, swimming, sunbathing, a fantastic snorkelling trip and then a nice evening meal.

I don't think I will be in WDW for my 50th, but I was thinking along the lines of spending the night before dinner at BOG or CRT. Then a California Grill brunch on the big day as it will be a Sunday, then a quick trip to the parks and then a V&A evening meal.

Hmm maybe that is what I should do. I just know OH doesn't want to.
I've been planning my 50th since 2013, although the plan has changed since then. For me the Disney addiction was too strong to resist and although technically my birthday is in June, we'll be celebrating in Sept, in WDW!

I'm trying to persuade the Wife she wants her 50th in WDW in 2021, but as I got what I wanted for my 50th, I've agreed we'll go where-ever she wants for hers. Unfortunately it's looking like a Northern Lights trip somewhere FAR north of the equator Brrrrr!

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have been lucky enough to spend 2 of my birthdays in Disney, one at AK and one at MK... just treated same as every other day...enjoy it..!
Make sure you get a badge telling everyone, then you will get many B'day greetings form CMs etc

We are trying make it work for our 50th birthdays as well... DW and I are a month apart so looking to see if we can get a month over there to celebrate
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gezzs View Post
I've been planning my 50th since 2013, although the plan has changed since then. For me the Disney addiction was too strong to resist and although technically my birthday is in June, we'll be celebrating in Sept, in WDW!

I'm trying to persuade the Wife she wants her 50th in WDW in 2021, but as I got what I wanted for my 50th, I've agreed we'll go where-ever she wants for hers. Unfortunately it's looking like a Northern Lights trip somewhere FAR north of the equator Brrrrr!
Hmm. Well I am probably going to have to come up with something more enticing for OH for my own 50th, I was thinking maybe Japan. But somehow I am roped into trekking up Machu Piccho for my OH 50th birthday. And as he is younger than me, so I will be doing this in my mid 50s!

Oh, I would say, I think northern lights would be amazing.

Edited at 01:33 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We've both celebrated birthdays over there. For mine we spent the day at Typhoon Lagoon then went for a nice meal at California Grill at a time we could watch wishes from the balcony.
For my wife's, we did a Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK which is fab then went for a meal at the Flying Fish restaurant at the Boardwalk in the evening.
I like the idea of Discovery Cove, it's a fab place.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I’m celebrating my birthday in Disney this year, so excited!
Happens to be on Memorial Day though, so I assume it’s going to be a busy day!
I’ve booked breakfast at Cinderella’s royal table (we do this every trip) as it’s a favourite of mine, spend the morning in MK afterwards then the rest of the day I have no idea what to!
May try and watch the fireworks at the end though!
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
londondisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I spent my 50th in HS in 2016, as I wanted to have lunch in Prime Time Cafe. Really loved that because I had my badge, other visitors and CM's wished me a happy birthday, I smiled all day. My mum was with me and she wanted the same for her birthday this year. So we'll be celebrating her 80th later this year in Disney :-)
Old 1 May 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would do the keys to the kingdom tour

It’s my daughters 18th whilst we’re there this year shes requested a meal at O’hana it’s her favourite.
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List