Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Jul 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile Mytrip or opodo

Has anyone used any of these sites to get VA flights?

If so is it a case of booking flights then just getting an e-ticket and being able to handle everything through VA site?

Good prices although sure I have to take into account that these are economy light only so book everything on top of this? Correct?

Thanks
Old 6 Jul 19, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Anyone please?
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Anyone please?
I haven't used either website but they should issue the ticket like any other OTA would. They would give you a booking reference which you could use to check in online with VS.

If there isn't much of a price difference between an OTA and the airline I would always advise you to book direct with the airline as OTAs often charge fees for anything they have to do to your booking, even if the airline doesn't charge you. The airline will not touch it until they've been given control of the booking the day before you fly. If there's a schedule change or something similar if you're booking far in advance you're likely to get much further directly with the airline than with the OTA.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I used opodo 2 years ago when the were doing BA direct LGW-FLL for £400 in August (half BA's price at the time!) and that included luggage.

Was able to log onto BA website within an hour and use manage my booking to book seats etc.

Was nervous as the reviews were not necssary good, but I noticed bad ones tended to do with indirect flights and time changes, so went with them and had no issues. As did about 20 others in our wedding party.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

How much is the transfer from FLL to Orlando?

Or did you drive?
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cez
Getting Excited

Cez's Reviews
I haven't used either one of those sites but I am looking at love holidays at the moment and they seem to be cheap for next year. I think they use VA flights.

DLP 2016
Cez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cez View Post
I haven't used either one of those sites but I am looking at love holidays at the moment and they seem to be cheap for next year. I think they use VA flights.
What I love about loveholidays is that no matter when you look they have links to loads of reviews that are 1 to 2 hours old saying how good they are. They must be a massive company to get so many good reviews in such a short time , all the time, or they are using ...
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Originally Posted by BIGDENNIS10UK View Post
How much is the transfer from FLL to Orlando?

Or did you drive?
Drove, hired a car seperately through BA that time, as gave a good rate in manage my booking.