Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Aug 22, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Can someone explain how a DAS pass works with timings please

So for example.. if the standby time is 80 minutes. What time would the DAS pass be? And would Genie plus be the same return time?

I’m so confused 🙈 On our previous visits our daughter was in a pushchair and they allowed us to use this in the line or take us through the disabled entry. This time she is 10 so won’t have a pushchair. I don’t really understand it all.

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

As far as I was aware the das would be the same time or sometimes 10mins less than the standby queue so if it’s 80mins then you could have to return within 70mins
The pre bookable das ones I think give you an hour like between 11-12 return times.

Have no clue how genie works

Hope someone can correct me if I’m wrong
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
So for example.. if the standby time is 80 minutes. What time would the DAS pass be?
About 65 mins, it's the standby time minus about 15 mins as you still have to get through the Lightning Lane (except rides where there is separate wheelchair access like BTMRR).

And would Genie plus be the same return time?
Probably not, because they are totally separate systems.

I don’t really understand it all.
Ask if you need any more help
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
About 65 mins, it's the standby time minus about 15 mins as you still have to get through the Lightning Lane (except rides where there is separate wheelchair access like BTMRR).

Probably not, because they are totally separate systems.

Ask if you need any more help

So for example, we get to the park and have 2 already booked. But I would be allowed to book one straight away. So if the standby is 60 mins, I would get one for roughly return in 45 mins. Then once in that queue I would be able to select another one?

I have bought Genie plus too as my daughter doesn’t like big rides. So for example I could have the DAS rides booked and also book genie plus at the same time so they run side by side?

Thank you 😊

Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

No probs, you're welcome

So for example, we get to the park and have 2 already booked. But I would be allowed to book one straight away. So if the standby is 60 mins, I would get one for roughly return in 45 mins. Then once in that queue I would be able to select another one?
Yes, you can book an on the day straight away, this is valid until park close or until you ride or cancel it. You can book another after the last tap in point on the ride (some have one, some two).

Your 2 pre booked are totally separate and you must ride them before the time window expires.

I have bought Genie plus too as my daughter doesn’t like big rides. So for example I could have the DAS rides booked and also book genie plus at the same time so they run side by side?

Thank you 😊
Yes, you can run DAS and Genie+ alongside each other and have rides booked on both systems simultaneously.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
No probs, you're welcome

Yes, you can book an on the day straight away, this is valid until park close or until you ride or cancel it. You can book another after the last tap in point on the ride (some have one, some two).

Your 2 pre booked are totally separate and you must ride them before the time window expires.

Yes, you can run DAS and Genie+ alongside each other and have rides booked on both systems simultaneously.
Great, thank you so much 😄

Old 4 Aug 22, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited4disney
Earning More Ears

Can I jump on and also ask, if you have a DAS return time for a particular ride and you are wandering around waiting for that return time but happen to see a ride with a 5 - 10 minute wait, can you just walk on that as a regular line if you know what I mean, without it effecting the ride you have a return time for?
xcited4disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by xcited4disney View Post
Can I jump on and also ask, if you have a DAS return time for a particular ride and you are wandering around waiting for that return time but happen to see a ride with a 5 - 10 minute wait, can you just walk on that as a regular line if you know what I mean, without it effecting the ride you have a return time for?
Definitely - as it will not require a tap at the LL entry 😀
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 22, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited4disney
Earning More Ears

Oh that's brilliant. Thanks for that.
xcited4disney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by xcited4disney View Post
This is exactly what we did. We booked our DAS then tried to find rides with a short standby. Often walked to the other side of the park to do as it helped pass time!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List