Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Mar 17, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you everyone for your help and advice great place the dibb will try the app and will update has soon has it gets sorted
Old 26 Mar 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
There will probably be a different team dealing with the travel trade, and they are not going to be 24/7.

Airlines will not generally touch a ticket issued via a travel agent (apart from things like seat resevervations) until a couple of days before travel, when it comes back under their control.

OP - You received good advice above to have your options ready in advance, even moreso when somebody else will be discussing it with the airline on your behalf.

On the positive side, this really is an everyday occurrence, especially with US carriers, so the airline is unlikely to create too many issues in finding an appropriate solution for you. Hope it is resolved satisfactorily.

By the way, regarding MyFlights, it is indeed a fantastic app, but it only provides updates for airlines on on the Amadeus system, which I don't think includes any of the 3 major US carriers. It's great for BA and many European airlines though.

It doesn't support Sabre which I believe is the main AA ticketing system. However if the flight is booked via BA which is Amadeus based then the AA flights will have connection vis the BA PNR. So should still provide notifications.

More recently I experienced changes notified via myflights of the changes to AA booking classes on their domestic flights.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
Here's the link to the website. However, where it works best is as an iPhone app.

myflightsapp
Thank you
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just had a change notification from Delta... our inward bound flight this September from Tampa was meant to be 5:00pm to Boston... they now changed it to 9:30am! Which I suppose if worse comes to worse it will give us nigh on 8 hours in Boston to have a nose about... not ideal and to be fair I'm not panicking yet as this is the FIFTH time (started off going to Miami... then Atlanta... and now Boston) they have already changed our inward bound flight since October! You know what... I reckon they might change it again!

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Madfish View Post
It doesn't support Sabre which I believe is the main AA ticketing system. However if the flight is booked via BA which is Amadeus based then the AA flights will have connection vis the BA PNR. So should still provide notifications.

More recently I experienced changes notified via myflights of the changes to AA booking classes on their domestic flights.
Correct that AA is on Sabre (they developed Sabre and were its original owners). Interesing about the AA domestics, were they booked with AA or via BA? My commiserations on your reduced TPs...

The OP is on DL, so I'm thinking that they won't show updates on MyFlights, but not 100% on that.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

Update I will miss my flight

Just had a call we are now flying-from Heathrow to Atlanta then on to Orlando so no direct or upgrade lol but at least it sorted will be keeping a close eye in case they do it again thanks for all your help dibbers
Old 27 Mar 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

That's good that they sorted fairly quickly for you. Now you can relax and get back to enjoying your planning
Old 27 Mar 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disneycarla
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
That's good that they sorted fairly quickly for you. Now you can relax and get back to enjoying your planning
Yes thought I would have to chase them like I say will be keeping a close eye on them just in case but planning is back under way
Old 27 Mar 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

There are loads more domestic flights to MCO from ATL than BOS, so if worst should happen and you miss this connection, it will be easier for them to get you down to MCO same day.
Old 27 Mar 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

So glad you have it sorted.

Deb