Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jan 17, 02:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by antwire View Post
Sorry forgot to say it's 2a and 1 4yo
Disney have their accommodation prices up at the moment for 2018 , why not have a look there on the uk site, then look at getting flights separate .
You will be looking at over a £1000 just for Disney park tickets though.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I found British airways very reasonable lately for flights. If you add a car the fares seem to come down and you can pay a deposit then maybe look at booking hotel separately on disneyholidays site.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
antwire
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Guys, it's one of them rock and hard place situations. It has to be this year as we're on the adoption journey and we'll hopefully have a baby before xmas so that will mean no long half for a few years. The problem is we've got a stupidly tight budget and we want to do it what we class as "right" on Disney property with direct flights so I kind of know I'm hoping for a miracle lol
antwire is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
1tedc
Proud to wear my Ears

Thomson fly to Sanford all the other uk based airlines fly to mcu
1tedc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
We used TCD on our last trip back in 2007. Flew from Manchester in the bubble on their version of PE.

Entire trip, including villas in both Orlando and Hudson ( one week in each ), tickets, car etc etc came to under £2600. That was for 2 adults and 2 teens. Should point out we were getting $1.98 to the £ at that time! Food was mega cheap also.

5 of us will be going in October this year, 4 adults and 1 x 7 year old. Cost for villa, tickets, car , one night at RPR ( for FOFL passes for 2 days ) and PE flights is as close to dammit to £7K and I've budgeted £2.5K for food.

Long gone are the days when Orlando and the USA were a cheap holiday, I'm afraid.
Maybe that's why original TCD went bust? Selling holidays too cheaply.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

We book thru Expedia for the whole lot, making sure that we use quidco too.

We've paid £5840 for 3 weeks but not on site. It's at floridays, direct flight out connection on return ( simply because the times suited us better) and a car too. There's 4 of us p, 2 adults and 2 teens.

I agree with others that even though it's expensive, a European holiday is really costly and just doesn't compare wuth Florida in my book.

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Antwire

Can't answer your questions but wanted to wish you all the luck in the world on your adoption journey.
DH and I adopted DS16 in 2013, best feeling ever knowing you have given a child chance of love and a better life. Hopefully you'll be taking your little one to Disney in the next few years

Anijay

Edited at 09:52 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
antwire
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by anijay View Post
Antwire

Can't answer your questions but wanted to wish you all the luck in the world on your adoption journey.
DH and I adopted DS16 in 2013, best feeling ever knowing you have given a child chance of love and a better life. Hopefully you'll be taking your little one to Disney in the next few years

Anijay
Thank you 😀
antwire is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by antwire View Post
Thanks Guys, it's one of them rock and hard place situations. It has to be this year as we're on the adoption journey and we'll hopefully have a baby before xmas so that will mean no long half for a few years. The problem is we've got a stupidly tight budget and we want to do it what we class as "right" on Disney property with direct flights so I kind of know I'm hoping for a miracle lol
Good luck for your adoption journey. We adopted DD six years ago now, although we have had her since 5 days old. Certainly a challenging time but amazingly rewarding.

We have recently done a last minute, budget trip. I booked time off work, and made fast pasees and ADRs even though we werent sure we were going until about 3weeks before, then a few other issues turned up, so was a bit nerve racking. Do you have to stay onsite?

We got flights for £1200 approx for 2a and 1c, we used £330 worth of avios towards this. Hotel for 10 nights at comfort inn maingate worked out at £530+£73 resort fee, which included free breakfast. We got Disney AoA for £482 for final four nights, £880 for Disney ultimates. We spent £289 on Uber the two weeks we were there. I certainly would not pay for DDP. There are good budget hotels all over the place with great locations near to the parks. You get much bigger rooms, usually with free breakfast to fill up on if your lucky!

I hope you find someting. X
Old 25 Mar 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sijen
Very Serious Dibber

sijen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Do you HAVE to stay onsite?

We are going to New York for 3 nights then stopping onsite for 2 nights then 16 nights in a gorgeous 4 bed villa with private pool and Jacuzzi... for 4 adults (2 grown up kids) its costing £6k with all accommodation, flights and 21 days Disney tickets.

Its worth thinking about...

Jen x