Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Mar 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post

rides without fastpass

hi, our thirty day window has arrived. I have booked three fastpasses starting from 10am onwards in MK. If we get there at park opening would we be likely to get on any of the rides (like dumbo/its a small world) before then do you think? Also are there are any rides in any of the parks that are not worth wasting FP on as they don't really have big queues as a general rule anyway? thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'd like to know this too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We've had a lot of luck with arriving at the parks for rope drop and there being little to no wait time for rides.

I'm not sure what time of year you are travelling, we go in school summer holidays, but the time of year might make a difference.

We tend to go to MK 3 times so split the park into 3 areas and stick to this area first thing. So our 3 areas are fantasyland, tomorrowland and then we group adventure land and frontier land together. Last summer we had walk ons for most rides the first hour or so of park opening. Our FP were for 7dmt and the mountains from about 10.30 each day so I can't really say what the wait times for these were like as we saved them for later when they had crazy long waits.

We used similar strategies for the other parks and it worked well saving our FP for later in the morning. Some dibbers use their FP in the afternoon which is a good idea as this is when it's really busy, but we like to head back to the end resort for a swim and a break then.

Good luck with the planning, I hope you have a lovely holiday

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Hi

I think you are staying off site. So best to avoid parks with early emh if you can - otherwise at opening you will actually be faced with all the hotel guess already there. So assuming you go to a park at opening - I would suggest at least 20 mins before opening - yes you will get on 2 or 3 rides minimum. Maybe more. RememberMK has a welcome show so getting there 20 mins before the show starts.

Yes there are always rides that are not worth a FP. Have a look at the wait times on the right has side and historically you will see rides like Journey into imagination at Epcot are generally ok without a fast pass.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List