Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 16, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you are having a decent breakkie and having some meals offsite you will manage with that budget. There are eating places to suit all budgets and there is some excellent trip reports with eating on a budget you could have a nosey at before you go.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
With breakfast at the hotel, lunch on site and evening meal 'out' - TGI's or something $100 is easily doable - with money to spare for the next day.

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
warpig
Apprentice Imagineer

In my experience $100 doesn't go very far in Disneyworld, try and take more money if you can, if you don't spend it that's great just bring it home again. I wouldn't want to spoil my holiday by worrying about running out of money for food before the end.
2000 All Star Sports, 2002 All Star Sports, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Port Orleans Riverside, 2006 Port Orleans Riverside, 2007 Port Orleans Riverside, 2008 Port Orleans Riverside, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Saratoga Springs, 2011 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Wilderness Lodge, 2014 Saratoga Springs, 2015 Swan & Dolphin, 2016 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2019 Swan & Dolphin, 2023 Beach Club
warpig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Slight tangent warning ! What sort of food can you get as counter service please ? Are there 'healthy' options and are the portions 'meal' size or more like a large snack ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
carpetman0569
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by warpig View Post
In my experience $100 doesn't go very far in Disneyworld, try and take more money if you can, if you don't spend it that's great just bring it home again. I wouldn't want to spoil my holiday by worrying about running out of money for food before the end.
I'm with Warpig on this one. Take more money or credit card. I'm sure after a few days you'll have a good idea what your spending will be like. A lot of people scrimp and save before they go on holiday, then keep with this mindset when they're away.
carpetman0569 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I agree with the above posters that $100 will be difficult onsite. Also I think you will soon get fed up only eating counter service meals twice a day. You will probably need one sit down meal. As previously suggested it might be best having good breakfast, counter service for lunch and then off site for dinner
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

Sit down meals in Disney are very expensive, most are worth it. If you were eating your main meal off site than $100 is easily enough, also I think that breakfast, counter service and sit down meal plus snacks will be far too much food for you. We usually have a breakfast, maybe a ice cream later than sit meal meal or early lunch and sit down meal evening. Xx
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Wobbles
VIP Dibber

Wobbles's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We would say doable as we rarely spend more than $125 per day anyway.

Get water from Wal-Mart and chill in your hotel fridge to take a couple with you. Use an empty bottle to refill with ice water through the day.

Make the most of free breakfast. We find we don't like snacking in the morning then.

With counter service, you don't tip.

With table service, eat main meal for a (very) late lunch. Don't forget free refills. Always ask for one with the bill, some places will let you take it out.

On your non park day's. Plenty of cheap places to eat. We find Crossroads Sweet Tomatoes a great option for a break.

Trip Reports
Howling @ the Horror 2015 (Complete)
Who knew Toronto was on the Med (Complete)
Getting Our Kicks - Pre Trippie
Wobbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are a couple and only eat on site at either disney or universal. We eat mainly CS and book a couple of TS during our stay. We find on a CS day $100 is plenty with $ left over for our TS days. It's plenty.
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

If you want to be restrictive then yes you may just manage it but $100 per head per day is more realistic
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread