Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Mar 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighteyes
Gone all Goofy

Mobile onsite disney questions

Hi all. I've been reading lots about the ddp on here for a few weeks now and it got me convinced staying onsite is the best option for me and my family. As we've never stayed onsite I've got a few questions that I hope someone can answer. If you stay in a moderate hotel with the qsdp is it expensive to upgrade to the ddp? Also I know you get main and dessert, but is this anything of menu ( when we went to disney Paris it was a separate menu. I think). Alcoholic drinks where mega expensive in disney Paris is this the same in Orlando? Thanks in advance.
Brighteyes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The upgrade from QSDP works out around £13 a day for adults. For two adults this year for 2 weeks it was £364.
You can order any main or dessert from the menu although there are some restrictions on items that serve more than one person. Can't help with the cost of alcohol as I don't drink.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
alannamr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

When we booked Free DDP for last year, we looked at the price of a moderate hotel with an upgrade to DDP and compared it with OKW (deluxe with free DDP). From memory there wasn't much in it (about a couple of hundred pounds). We decided to go with OKW in the end. What you have to remember is that Disney were giving considerable discounts on OKW and SSR when they brought out DDP offers.
alannamr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighteyes
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Ok that's not to much to upgrade. But if they're doing discounts on the SSR or OKW then that's got to be the better option. Thanks for the reply
Brighteyes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

We were going to go to POFQ and upgrade but AKL came out at the same price so we decided to go to AKL instead!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighteyes
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

So it seems it's definitely worth checking against some of the deluxe hotels first
Old 27 Mar 16, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Booze is expensive. I last went in 2013 and don't recall getting much change from $10 for a drink in the parks.
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Wine at a bar in WDW is circa $10 - $12 a glass. Plus a tip on top.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Brighteyes View Post
So it seems it's definitely worth checking against some of the deluxe hotels first
It depends how many is in your party and sharing a room. For us AKL would have been around £300 more than a studio at OKW and £600 more than CBR with upgraded DDP. I can see how the difference could be minimal with a full room between POR and AKL though.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 16, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Definitely worth waiting to see what(if any) discounts are offered at OKW & SSR before deciding on a moderate & upgrading from QSDP to DDP. As in above post - it could work out same to stay in a deluxe with DDP than it would to upgrade moderate to DDP.
Hopefully less than a month until we find out 😄
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread