Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Dec 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
Thanks everybody. Your posts have been really helpful.

Still deciding what to do; I'm thinking of giving the private route a try and see what happens.

Thanks for all your ideas, they are much appreciated.
Happy to share my experience of private if you even need more info.
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thebig40 View Post
I was a primary school teacher for 15 years. I now work in consultancy training teachers how to teach reading and writing. I travel a fair bit over SE England and have been to Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi this year.

I work school hours minus the staff meetings and parents evenings, have no work to do at home and get paid as if I were working full time in a school as opposed to the part time job I actually have. Its great!

I still work with children enough to keep me happy but have none of the stresses and strains of being a class teacher.

My sister and BIL are both secondary teachers, they both now work in private schools and are much happier.
Thanks for your response Natasha. I hope you don't mind if I send you a private message.
Old 16 Dec 19, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Happy to share my experience of private if you even need more info.
Thank you. I'll send you a message.
Old 7 Jan 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
Imagineer

I haven't ever taught in a brick & mortar school but have been teaching English online to Chinese students for some time! You set your own schedule and the pay is very competitive. Let me know if you'd like any more info and I can send you some across.
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

QUOTE=twogoto;14230789]I haven't ever taught in a brick & mortar school but have been teaching English online to Chinese students for some time! You set your own schedule and the pay is very competitive. Let me know if you'd like any more info and I can send you some across.[/QUOTE]

Not my thread originally but had commented on it somewhere. However I would like some info on this please as it was only last night I was looking into this. Could you PM me with some info? Thanks so much
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Very interesting reading some of these responses - I'm currently a teacher and I agree it is incredibly stressful but also very rewarding - an absolute rollercoaster as someone else said.

I can't see it as a job for life for me, and I guess it's probably easier to change careers while i'm relatively young than to wait and not be able to take a drop in salary if i have a family etc.
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 20, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve been a primary teacher for almost 20 years and it’s not a career I would recommend to anyone starting out unfortunately. Over the years the job has changed drastically and the pressure and paperwork are becoming more demanding by the day.