Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Sep 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Florida SOLO

Afternoon dibbers,

Due to different circumstances (Single life) would you recommend going solo?

After a recent split of nearly 11 years and going to Orlando for the last 9 years it will feel really weird specially eating out alone.. But for those of you who have gone solo how did you find it? where did you stay? and how long did you go for?

I'm thinking a week/10 days as 2 weeks maybe too long for a singleton

Any advice or tips on how to make the trip enjoyable please let me know.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Storm1
Trying for More Ears

Storm1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Gone solo twice wouldn't hesitate to do it again you'll have the time of your life
Storm1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Storm1 View Post
Gone solo twice wouldn't hesitate to do it again you'll have the time of your life
This is refreshing to hear..

Can you explain why please?

Also best to price up as a package holiday or separately?
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

I done this twice. Once many years ago. But recently i went because i had conference to attend two years ago.I booked villa and visited the parks, and took in some rock concerts when there, also hired a car. I loved it! only me to think of! lol but back again this year as same as last year with my partner.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Storm1
Trying for More Ears

Storm1's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mezza1991 View Post
This is refreshing to hear..

Can you explain why please?

Also best to price up as a package holiday or separately?
I booked it as a package holiday just to save time and make it easier.

Why because only yourself to think of make your own plans fast passes dinner plans
Storm1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Sixth solo coming up! I used to go with family, but due to different circumstances realised if I wanted to go back it would be solo. It took me a while and in my case a lot of courage to do it, but, I am so glad I did!.

I started with 10 days and each trip has got a little longer. 18 days this time!

Everyone is different, I enjoy staying offsite, just across rd to disney springs and a 20 minute walk up to crossroads. I love going to a park during the day and walking over to springs of an evening.

In my case I feel happy and safe planning holiday, know where I am staying, where I can eat etc.

I eat quick service mainly, suits me, I people watch.

I rarely feel alone, there is always someone who will chat and often you can meet with a dibber if only for a chat! I have met some lovely people.

Mostly gone package for simplicity, this time diy.

There's lots if us solo dibbers,we will all have slightly different preferences, but, we all enjoy the experience.

If I can do it, believe me anyone can. Do it you will love it.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jojo_disney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I have done, and would love to do solo trip again! I did 10 days as felt like taking out 2days either end of holiday for travel days would give me a full 8 days - I stayed onsite at Disney and Universal for 1 night as had freedom of booking whenever suited me! but I would of stayed offsite as Ive been a few times before so knew lay of land etc and Uber is everywhere and so cheap. I chatted to loads of people in lines and whilst getting food - rode a few rides with people so never felt lonely - was too busy having fun! I mainy ate QS but did eat one TS meal and the cast members spent more time chatting to me so again didnt really bother me. Enjoy! x
Jojo_disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Go for it I say, I’ve done solo in the past and had a ball, going where u want when u want, eating where u want it’s great, I always ended up speaking to people in the parks or in restaurants
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
Go for it I say, I’ve done solo in the past and had a ball, going where u want when u want, eating where u want it’s great, I always ended up speaking to people in the parks or in restaurants
As above! I had the time of my life on my 2 solo trips. I'll only be solo for 4 days in 2020, as friends will be joining me for the first 10 days. I'm sure it won't be long enough!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I did 2 weeks solo last year and it was the best holiday I've ever had in my 50 something years! I stayed at POFQ. Next Monday I'm flying out for another solo trip,10 nights at Beach Club, can't wait! Then I'm going solo again next September, 11 nights at POFQ again 😀
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List