Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Feb 10, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Question Disney Magic Transatlantic Cruise April 2010

Hi all decided to go back to Orlando in march and was planning to cruise home on the Magic.
Have a couple of questions before i book.
Is it better to book the cruise direct with Disney or use an American TA?
Whats the best way to book flights from Uk to the US and Barcelona to UK?
Tried booking a multi-city with BA online. Glasgow to Gatwick, Gatwick to Orlando, Barcelona to London, London to Glasgow but it just came up "Booking Error"

Any information needed ASAP.

Thanx William.
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 10, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
We are doing a transatlantic with Royal Caribbean, on Independence of the Seas back to Southampton, but similar should apply to DCL.

I would recommend booking through Dreams Unlimited rather than direct with DCL.

You will struggle with the flights side - BA will not regard a flight from UK to the US, returning from Spain, as a return ticket. The easiest option is to get the cruiseline to include flight costs as they have special arrangements with the airline companies. Alternatively, you could book the flights as seperate return tickets and just discard the unwanted return portions. Return flights being cheaper than one-way flights. Alternatively, nestle your flights - I see you were planning to go again at Xmas according to your countdown? If so, use the return part of your March flight to come back then etc etc.

For our Easter holiday, I booked a return flight to New York - going at Easter, returning in June (at the end of the school half term holidays). I have then booked one way reward flights to the US for the end of May (start of the half term holidays), in order to utilise the BA return. That way we get 2 holidays out of it. I couldn't book the one-way reward flights at Easter, because it is prime travel time - half term is less so.

(Just to complicate matters, I decided to do DL in May, so instead of flying to NY we are flying to LAX, and spending the last weekend in NY - so I also booked one-way tickets from LAX to NYC. In the US, one way tickets are fine. I also have one ways from NYC to MCO in April I should add).

For Spain-UK you should be OK to buy a one way, but check return costs too.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Edited at 01:32 PM.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 10, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
some great advice there Do try booking cruise with a US agent as you usually get a better deal Happy planning...
Old 3 Feb 10, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi William Lisa's hubby here. We booked our flights with AirLingus flying from Dublin straight to Orlando International. we fly out on the sat 3rd april at 12pm arriving around 4.20pm local time. We got exellant one way flights for £1350 total for 4 adults. we also booked into the premier inn at Dublin Airport for around £60 on the friday and are currently watching the prices of ryanair and will fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh to dublin with them. We booked direct with disney for the cruise and the prices have fell twice now in the last 4 months. good time to book. If you book this way just be careful with the baggage. Airlingus are good and allow 1 free bag up to 20kg per person but i believe Ryanair charge £15per bag and only allow 15kg but it should still work out a lot cheaper. Good luck
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 10, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post

I bought from Iglu.com I did it all over the phone.

I also phoned Ramsay and Barrhead travel and Connoisseur travel and am still waiting on call backs!

I got it for £2,798.25 for 2 adults and 1 10 year old. I am flying from Edinburgh to Gatwick and on to Orlando staying in a Holiday Inn for the night but i have to transfer myself to ($75) the ship.
Then back into Newcastle with Easyjet so I will also have to watch the luggage limit on way home (it is more with BA and thats my out going flight) as there are no direct flights to Scotland from Barcelona.
I am just hire a car and driving up the road from Newcastle airport(£51)

I did look at the Dublin flight but thought the times were too close for the Sat so am going out on the Friday the 9th.

Edited at 11:03 AM.
Old 4 Feb 10, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi ekevbar lisas hubby here, that was a good price you got. We decided on the Dublin flight as we go out the week before the cruise and the prices direct from Scotland were just silly. I believe Ryanair do a direct flight to Glasgow from Barcalona but we will look at that later. Just to let you no there is an American site called the dis that has a chat room that has been going on for about 5 months with everyone who is going on our cruise having a good blether and arranging all sorts for the ship. Just go into cruise meets and look for the Disney Magic 2010 cruise threads have fun.
Old 6 Feb 10, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post

I booked with Iglu for the ATOL/ABTA protection and if any of the flights are delayed then its their booking so they have to be responsible, not that it will matter if we miss the cruise sail off.

Try skyscanner.net for the flights if you want to book your own they give all options and indirect flights that maybe cheaper.

As per usual the Scotland flights are more I did think about going out early but it will be a long enough holiday for the 10 year old with out the excitement of a day or 2 at the parks.

Yeah been on the other site but its getting too big you cant keep up on the thread!

Thanks
Kevin.
Old 24 Feb 10, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
W3LUM
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanx for the replies and sorry for taking so long to post back as i have been at sea.
I booked the cruise through Dreams, flights to Orlando with netflights (ABZ - MAN - MCO) and flights from Barcelona with skyscanner (BCN -LHR -ABZ).
99 All star mu Apr02 Residence Inn Seaworld Dec02 All Star sp Port Orleans Apr04 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Tradewinds St Petes Sep05 Sheraton Villages~Dolphin Dec07 Sheraton Safari Villages Disney Magic Sheraton Villages Apr08 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic Dec09 Sheraton Villages Coronado Springs Mar10 Sheraton Villages Disney Magic transatlantic May11 Disney Magic Alaska Dec11 Villages Disney Dream Dec12 Disney's Vero Beach Villages Disney Fantasy Dec13 Villages Disney Fantasy
W3LUM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by W3LUM View Post
Thanx for the replies and sorry for taking so long to post back as i have been at sea.
I booked the cruise through Dreams, flights to Orlando with netflights (ABZ - MAN - MCO) and flights from Barcelona with skyscanner (BCN -LHR -ABZ).
I am glad that you got sorted it out and enjoy the Cruise and won't be long now...

(PS I born in Aberdeen and now I live in Edinburgh... Aberdeen is still my home granite... ) I met DJ Mike on the Disney Cruise as he is from Aberdeen but I heard he left which is a great shame... as he is lovely guy...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 10, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread