Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Jan 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile Must do ADRs (no ddp) for children

Nearing our 180 day window. What are your recommendations for ADRs that would suit a lively 7yo girl (has asd) and 4 year old who are incredibly fussy eaters. Which meals are best? Breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Requests for character meets have been Belle, Rapunzel, Micky and Minnie and Winnie the Pooh.
We are staying off site so aware that it will cost quite a bit so we need to be quite selective. We know we sadly can’t afford to do everything.
They also want to watch the fireworks, is it possible to combine with a meal?
Thanks
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You can definitely meet Rapunzel at Trattoria Al Forno breakfast - it's at the Boardwalk so you could combine it with an Epcot day. She's there with Flynn Rider & there is another "Disney" couple I just can't recall who. Pooh is the Crystal Palace only & you can meet the "Big Cheeses" at a few places - Tusker House get's consistently good reviews but the food might not suit.
Whispering Canyon, whilst not a meet & greet, is good fun for kids but very noisy.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant, thank you.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The other couple at TAF is Ariel and Eric.

If you did Crystal Palace for dinner, you could meet the WTP characters there and then you'll be well placed for the MK fireworks (just stroll outside and find a spot - you may even be able to watch it from the porch there) which are the best IMO. Just double check the characters are all day - I'm pretty sure they are, but it's usually recommended for breakfast around here so I'm not certain.

An alternative to character dining for Mickey and Minnie is booking a FP for Adventurer's Outpost in AK. They do a joint meet and greet there in safari gear, really cute. They don't typically meet together so you'd be looking at two meals to meet both through dining only, although I think they're both at Chef Mickey's if that appeals.

The only meal guaranteed for Belle is Akershus, which may not be the best with fussy eaters. Again a non-meal alternative is to book a FP for "Enchanted Tales with Belle" in MK. It's an interactive attraction where they can meet Belle and take part in (or just watch) a retelling of the story. Again, very cute.

Edited at 11:03 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 18, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The other couple at TAF is Ariel and Eric.

If you did Crystal Palace for dinner, you could meet the WTP characters there and then you'll be well placed for the MK fireworks (just stroll outside and find a spot - you may even be able to watch it from the porch there) which are the best IMO. Just double check the characters are all day - I'm pretty sure they are, but it's usually recommended for breakfast around here so I'm not certain.

An alternative to character dining for Mickey and Minnie is booking a FP for Adventurer's Outpost in AK. They do a joint meet and greet there in safari gear, really cute. They don't typically meet together so you'd be looking at two meals to meet both through dining only, although I think they're both at Chef Mickey's if that appeals.

The only meal guaranteed for Belle is Akershus, which may not be the best with fussy eaters. Again a non-meal alternative is to book a FP for "Enchanted Tales with Belle" in MK. It's an interactive attraction where they can meet Belle and take part in (or just watch) a retelling of the story. Again, very cute.
Brilliant, thank you.
Old 11 Jan 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
You can definitely meet Rapunzel at Trattoria Al Forno breakfast - it's at the Boardwalk so you could combine it with an Epcot day. She's there with Flynn Rider & there is another "Disney" couple I just can't recall who. Pooh is the Crystal Palace only & you can meet the "Big Cheeses" at a few places - Tusker House get's consistently good reviews but the food might not suit.
Whispering Canyon, whilst not a meet & greet, is good fun for kids but very noisy.
SD

Didn’t realise there was a character breakfast on the boardwalk with Flynn Ryder and prince Eric in it. Just booked now myself so thank you!
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

My kids loved any meal that was a buffet: 'cos they could eat whatever they wanted!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Shazzabelle
VIP Dibber

When my kids were younger they thoroughly enjoyed lunch in Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Although its not a character lunch, there are plenty of things for the kids to do including a Hobby Horse race around the restaurant every 30 minutes or so! It's also only a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom. If you go, dont forget to ask for a straw...

DISNEYLAND PARIS TRIPS - March 2006 DLP Sante Fe DD Birthday Trip, June 2007 DLP Disneyland Hotel DS Birthday Trip, Feb 09 Cheyenne Grandmas 60th BDay, Aug 12 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Aug 15 Cheyenne Wedd Ann, Dec 17 Cheyene 1st Xmas at DLP!, Oct/Nov 18 Sequoia Lodge 1st H'ween at DLP!
FLORIDA TRIPS - Aug 2004 Bahama Bay Honeymoon, Aug 2006 Hampton Lakes 2nd Wedd Ann, Sept/Oct 2008 POR (1st MNSSHP!), Jul/Aug 17 RPR/POR, May/Jun 18 ASS/IDrive/HRH, Aug 22 Me50/DD21/DS18 US&Somewhere on the 192
Shazzabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List