Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 5 Feb 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Early November - First Time with Kids - Itinerary Advice Please

Hi there,

I've done a first draft itinerary for our split-stay trip in November. DH and I have been to WDW before (not for many years) but this will be our first trip with the kids. The kids are 8 and 6, only the younger one is a bit of a thrill seeker

So far, I've done it as follows:

02-Nov Friday Arrival Day Flight lands at 17:25hrs - Check in AKL, get acquainted with surroundings, QS dinner in AKL

03-Nov Saturday Magic Kingdom - BOG breakfast (QS) - FP Rides - Pool Time - Earlyish Ohana (TS)

04-Nov Sunday Lazy morning/DS Shopping and Brunch - Hollywood Studios FP Rides - Mama Melrose (Dining Package TS) - Fantasmic? Depending on Times

05-Nov Monday Epcot - Garden Grill Breakfast (TS) - FP Rides, World Showcase Wander - Disney Springs evening Blaze Pizza (QS)

06-Nov Tuesday Animal Kingdom - Tusker House Breakfast (TS) - FP Rides - Pool Afternoon - AK QS Dinner ROL Show/Pandora Evening

07-Nov Wednesday Lazy morning/Disney Springs - Chef Art Homecomin' (TS) or LTT (TS) - Magic Kingdom FP Rides - HEA

08-Nov Thursday Animal Kingdom - FP Rides - Pool Afternoon - Jiko (2TS) Kids to Simba's Clubhouse

09-Nov Friday Check Out of AKL - Blizzard Beach am - Check In Regal Oaks - Hollywood Studios FP Rides - Yachtsman Dinner (2TS)

10-Nov Saturday Beach Day? - Total Break from Parks to Relax

11-Nov Sunday Check in RPR - Universal Studios/Island of Adventure with FOTL Pass

12-Nov Monday Universal Studios/Island of Adventure with FOTL Pass - Check Out RPR

13-Nov Tuesday Lazy Day/Shopping - Epcot - FP Rides - Illuminations

14-Nov Wednesday Universal Studios/Island of Adventure/Shopping

15-Nov Thursday Universal Studios/Island of Adventure/Disney - Dependent on Kids' Choice

16-Nov Friday WDW Park in the am - Departure Day 18:25 flight ex MCO

We're only on-site with DDP for the first seven nights and so trying to get all the ADR's in during that time.

The kids are booked as adults for the tickets so will have adult dining credits. I know it looks like I am over the credit allowance by 2 credits (they wont be with us at Jiko) but we will pay OOP for them at Yachtsman to cover that.

I've never seen any of the fireworks shows at WDW (always left too early for that before) so really keen to fit in HEA/Fantasmic/Illuminations if possible. Not sure about ROL.

What do you guys think of the above? I'm on the fence re the Fantasmic dining package as would rather eat somewhere else in HS (50's maybe?) but wondered whether to go for the dining package to be sure of a seat at Fantasmic in case there aren't any on the day FP. I don't think I'd want to sacrifice a Tier 1 FP for it...

All advice gratefully received
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
At that time of year I'd do MNSSHP with kids if that age. Also,I'd give food & Wine a go. You look like you've got a very full itinerary and if it were me, I'd have a few less park days with such small kids. When our DD was 6 she got very tired and we had to hire a stroller on a couple of occasions!
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
I thought i would miss MNSSHP. Doesn't that finish on 1 November?

Most of the park days are likely to be half days I think, certainly not rope drop to closing

We have generally either got lazy mornings or pool time in the afternoon as I have tried to think about their tiredness. My son will be 6 and there's no way he'd sit in a stroller, even when he was 2 it was hard

The last few days are very rough and will likely be governed on how we are all feeling. I just don't want to shell out £900 for Universal tickets and only use them for 2 days... bet everyone says that

Thanks so much for the advice, very much appreciated
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I would probably use the last few days to do more Disney, as Universal can be done in a couple of days. Other than that it looks OK.

Bear in mind that the Wine and Dine marathon is on the 3/4th Nov, which can make travelling around Disney really busy and Epcot is usually heaving. Also I thought I read somewhere that Disney are closing all the kids clubs? Worth checking. Also you haven't included any water parks.

If you don't fancy the Fantasmic dining, then I would get a FP for it = perhaps in one of your spare days during the 2nd week.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I showed the itinerary to my husband last night and he declared we don't have enough time allocated for shopping...

I've got BB on my switch over day as i think a morning at the water park will be enough for us. I guess we'll have to see what the weather does
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Just checked and it looks like you're right re the kids club. It seems they're all closing on 1st August... Oh well, no Jiko for us then as my kids wouldn't like it in there I don't think--especially my fussy-pants of a son!

Thanks so much for letting me know.