Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Feb 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
I guess we're grown ups now? Nah, maybe next week! Oct 2016 Part 2 - Day 1 Suit Up, Hooter!

Index

Day 1 - 12.10.16

Since we forgot to put the ‘do not disturb’ sign on our door last night, we were rudely awoken by housekeeping at 9:15. They just kept knocking! I made Ross get up and tell them to go away (nicely) and we had another hours sleep.

We planned on using our time on I-Drive to chill as much as possible to re-charge before hitting Universal and Disney so lots of lie ins and no rushing around!

Once we got up we got unpacked, made use of the laundry facilities, got showered and generally pottered about. We also skyped Ariana for a bit to say hello but Oliver was unavailable due to his hectic social calendar. *eyeroll emoji face
At 1pm we finally emerged from our room and were ready for some food! We purchased two 3 day i trolley passes for $7 each and set off wandering up I-Drive.

We really noticed the difference in Vegas heat and Florida heat. Vegas is a very dry, blue sky, burning heat. Florida is wet, sticky, humid heat! We much preferred the Vegas type heat!
We also realised how much we missed seeing wildlife in Vegas. We saw about 20 lizards on our short walk and we pointed out every single one going ‘aww look at that one’ and ‘that one’s huge’. We had to be careful where we stepped as they kept running out in front of us.

We stopped at the new area by the Orlando Eye. This bit wasn’t here on our last trip so we had a little look around. It was very quiet!
For lunch we chose to stop at a place called Tin Roof and chose to sit outside. Ross ordered 8 buffalo wings to start then chose the Voodoo Shrimp for his main which was 1/3 lb. shrimp in creole sauce, corn, fresh cream & scallions with coleslaw and fries on the side. Throughout the meal he also got through 3 beers.
I had the Smashville Burger which was basically a pulled pork burger topped with slaw and tots on the side. I had a lovely cocktail but I didn’t write down what it was! All the food was lovely though and it was lovely to sit outside in the sun and people watch. There was a quick downpour while we were waiting for food but we were under a parasol so managed to stay dry.
The total bill was $73 including tip.

Now it was time to get some shopping done! We got the i-trolley up to the north outlets and started bargain hunting. One thing we needed was a suit for Ross. He didn’t have a nice one at home anymore and the one he wore for the wedding was rented so he had nothing to wear for our photo shoot next week and therefore it was very important that we found a suit this week!
We came across a suit shop so wandered in. We were the only ones in there which I hated! The first thing we did was look at the prices and even with discount they were still more than we wanted to pay. We were just about to leave when the shop assistant came over to us and started chatting. He asked what we were looking for so we told him our situation but informed him we couldn’t afford these prices. He told us to wait there and he wandered around the store looking at tags. He eventually brought back this dark navy suit and told us it was the cheapest they had. It wasn’t the colour I wanted but this guy insisted Ross tried it on anyways. So just to keep him happy, Ross went to the changing room to try it on. Don’t get me wrong, it was a nice suit but it was still $260 and I wanted grey, not blue but this sales guy would not shut up about how much we needed this suit etc etc etc so what did we do... we bought the effing suit. I really really wish that Ross and I would grow some balls and just learn how to say a firm no to people. I’m still raging with myself to this day!

Stupid blue suit in hand, we then went to Forever 21 where I got my Toy Story jumper I’d seen online a few weeks before but was only available in the US (I’m wearing it as we speak, I love it!) and a dress which came to $40 altogether.

Ross got a knitted zip up jumper in Armani Ex for $50. I tried on a lot of dresses in there but noting stood out and I think I’d be buying for the sake of buying if you know what I mean.
I made up for it in the Disney outlet though. I could have bought so much but I managed to keep myself under control. I got a big, talking Kylo Ren and a Chewy figurine for Oliver, a dress for Ariana, a Darth Vader purse for me and a little outfit for my nephew, Jacob. This all came to a bargainus (it’s a word) price of $55.

We browsed lots of other shops but no additional purchases were made so we hopped back on the i-trolley and went to our hotel to dump our bags.
Time to get competitive and play Pirates Cove mini golf. After Ross’ victory at Kiss mini golf in Vegas he was 1-0 up so I had to claw it back.

We chose to play the Blackbeard course and paid the $24. It was quite busy but there was a lovely older couple in front of us that we chatted to on the way round and they took our photo in front of the Eye, we returned the favour of course. They even did very well congratulating me on my hole in one! Good job really cause Ross pretending he didn’t see it so I needed a witness. After all the fun it ended up as a draw, 48 points each. Usually the loser goes in the stocks but since it was a draw we both had a go.

We’d worked up quite an appetite after that so we walked down the road to Ross’ favourite, Hooters!
We sat outside as it was still lovely and warm and our server, Cherry, who was really lovely, took our drinks order. I had a strawberry daiquiri and Ross had 2 beers.
For food we ordered the Buffalo Platter starter to share which was 6 buffalo wings (for Ross), 6 boneless buffalo wings (for me) and prawns in buffalo sauce (to share). For mains, Ross got the Western BBQ Burger with curly fries – cheeseburger topped with BBQ sauce, bacon and onion rings. I got the beef and buffalo chicken sliders with curly fries. We also bought two of the $3 cancer charity wrist bands. The food was divine, I was gutted I couldn’t finish all mine! The total bill came to $81 including tip.

Stolen from google cause the greedy git devoured it before I could get a picture.

In the shop, Ross got a bottle opener magnet (which I’ve just realised I have no idea where this is! It’s certainly not on the fridge) and I got a Hooters tank top. Total for these was $38.
Back at the hotel we climbed into bed and started watching American Horror Story: Hotel on Netflix but only managed one episode before we fell asleep.

Wing count: 57
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Sounds like a good day!
Would you recommmend going to Tin Roof?
We're planning on going on the Orlando Eye one afternoon so was thinking of eating around that area for dinner
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Finn family View Post
Sounds like a good day!
Would you recommmend going to Tin Roof?
We're planning on going on the Orlando Eye one afternoon so was thinking of eating around that area for dinner
Yes definitely! We loved it. Google Tin Roof Orlando Menu and have a look at the food, so yummy!

Thanks for reading
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Finn family
VIP Dibber

Finn family's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Yes definitely! We loved it. Google Tin Roof Orlando Menu and have a look at the food, so yummy!

Thanks for reading
Fab, thank you!
We're going to go on a saturday afternoon and hope they have some live music on
Current trip report:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1233648

Finn family is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

I LOVE that Toy Story jumper ! Looks so cosy too.

Great day with some yummy food! Glad you're going to finish this report, you left us waiting in suspense for a bit there xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
I LOVE that Toy Story jumper ! Looks so cosy too.

Great day with some yummy food! Glad you're going to finish this report, you left us waiting in suspense for a bit there xx
Yea just a bit I'm soooo useless at typing these up. I get started off well but then just stop. Actually considering doing one for our starlight trip but I have to finish this before I can start a pre trip for that one. It's never ending failure xx

Old 3 Mar 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A nice chilled day! You,should of took the suit back! Hate pushy store,assistants
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A nice chilled day! You,should of took the suit back! Hate pushy store,assistants
Certainly needed some down time after a busy time in Vegas! Believe me, we'd have loved to take it back but we're stuck with it! Pushy assistants and customers with no backbones leads to expensive times

Old 9 Mar 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Love your jumper! Great day, shame about the pushy sales guy with the suit though

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Love your jumper! Great day, shame about the pushy sales guy with the suit though
You live and learn! We've tried to be more assertive as a couple since then