Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jan 10, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Exclamation July 30th DCL Dover - Barcelona Fish Extender List!

Right Peeps, this is the place to sign up if you want to join in with The Dibb's Fish Extender thingie - ok this is all new to me and thingie is the only way i can think of explaining it!
Joa has kindly explained to me how it works so i am very happy to organise it!
So first name on the list will be:

Me - Veronica
Saracat - Sarah
Bats - Joa
Lindylou2 2000 - Lindy
Scottishwee35 - Deborah
andy-otter - Michele (x2 cabins)
goofy's girl - Carla
Allisonjane - Allison
mazz
wedinflorida
caslass - Tammie

For those of you who may not know what a Fish Extender is - it's a homemade organiser thingie with pockets that you attach to your cabin door! The Dibbers on our list will then go round the participating cabins on selected days and pop little gifts into the fish extenders! It can be anything - sweets, souvenirs from you home town, Disney gifts etc (just make sure they're small enough to fit in the pockets!)

Closer to the time i will need everyone's cabins numbers, but for now i think i just need to know who wants to join in!
Hopefully Joa will be along to explain it better if i've missed anything out!

Edited at 12:47 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Count me in! - although not too sure what little thing I can bring from my home town of Manchester :S
Old 12 Jan 10, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
It should come as no surprise that I would like to join please!

For the gifts, anything goes. It doesn't have to be expensive at all, just something little to give every cabin participating.

In the past, I have seen little notebooks, pens/pencils of the Disney kind, sweets, home made photo frames/door hangars, postcards, Disney pins, DCL merchandise ... anything.

Alot of people package up their little gifts into one 'parcel', perhaps cellophane? I put a tag on my gifts saying who it's from and to, that way, if I know somebody has a specific like/dislike, I can try to incorporate it in my gifts.

For ideas on how your FE should look, just google image 'Fish Extender'. There's loads to see. You should also have a couple of cable ties to secure it to the metal fish (don't want it going walkabouts do you)?
Old 12 Jan 10, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Me to me to looks like a really good idea on the dis site

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 10, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
please add me on

Deborah

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 10, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Keep those names coming!
Old 13 Jan 10, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Forgot to say that if lots of people join, you can always split people into 2 groups. So if 10 people join, you could have 2 groups of 5 so it doesn't cost as much money.
Old 13 Jan 10, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

so can i ask do you just leave a gift in the fish extender once sometime during the cruise for everyone on the list? or is it more than once?

i'd be happy to join as my youngest would love to play "postman" leaving these gifts for others
Old 13 Jan 10, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
so can i ask do you just leave a gift in the fish extender once sometime during the cruise for everyone on the list? or is it more than once?

i'd be happy to join as my youngest would love to play "postman" leaving these gifts for others
If i've got this right you'll be given a designated day to drop off gifts to all the people on the list! You only do this once! Each person will be given a different day that way, if we've got enough people, everyone will receive a gift each day of the trip!
Old 13 Jan 10, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mazz View Post

Just the once Mazz. Vron 'the head FE honcho' will give everyone a certain day when they should deliver their gifts. You deliver a gift/s to everyone on your list (depending on how many people join will depend if we have one group nor 2).

The first and last days are non delivery days ... the first because everyone is too busy running around looking at things on the ship, and the last because it's the sad day for packing. Your cases have to be left outside of your stateroom by about 10pm so delivering gifts or packing any more gifts is not easy.

I normally deliver my gifts mid afternoon if possible .. that way when people go back to their cabins to change for dinner, they come back to pressies! Doesn't matter when you do it though.

ETA: Vron can type faster than me, although in my defence I'm trying to watch the Liverpool V Reading match too!