Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Feb 10, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh what a nightmare!

So sorry your cruise has been affected Judy. Really hope you manage to get off today and that the waters have calmed down a bit.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 10, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

We are just about to leave the Rosen Hotel now ...looks all set for today ...anyone looking should get get a great view of both ships in port today - though I think the webcam may have crashed at the moment due to the volumes viewing !
We are in Dock 3 (Eastern dock) - The Wonder is in the usual place I believe.

I will give you all a wave as we leave port later ! ...I think we may be leaving early at 3pm here ..though I suppose it may depend how quickly they manage to round everyone from all the different hotels - I know the buses are not leaving here until 10.30 earliest though... glad we kept the hire car as we will be off shortly.

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 10, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
fastpass2disney
Excited about Disney

Just back from our 3 day on the Wonder - it was very rough last night! Everyone was talking about the Magic being stuck at CC. We weren't able to dock at CC - wasn't at all surprised as it had been bumpy on Friday night too. We saw someone in a wedding dress who was apparently due to get married on CC on Saturday - must have been so disappointing for her.

Weather on Friday in Nassau was lovely - managed to get sunburnt and only lay on the sunbed for about 20mins. Despite the lack of CC still had a fab time. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, the food was lovely and the entertainment was amazing. Glad I'd taken my sea sickness tablets though!
Old 14 Feb 10, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Hope your cruise makes up for all the troubles Judy! It must be so disappointing, but glad it was't 2 years ago like you say!

Keep us up to date if you can, will look out for you on the webcam
Old 15 Feb 10, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Gosh! Sounds like it has been very choppy! Hope you still have an amazing cruise, Judy.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Back on dry land now

We are up near St Augustine (staying at Hammock Beach Resort - a sister resort of Reunion in Orlando). A bit sore this morning as I managed to go flat on my face in Augustine yesterday (NO I hadn't been drinking - failed to spot a slight ramp rising up from the road we were walking on !) I have successfully removed a very large patch of suntan off my right leg !... I'll spare you the pictures!
I guess what with the cold weather in Orlando before the cruise...the delayed cruise ...now this... just been one of those holidays !

I'll do a full report when I get home about the cruise (not leaving here till Tuesday).

Just to say despite a delayed start...and further chaos at the port on the Sunday pre boarding... we did enjoy the rest of the cruise ... there were a few highlights :

...seeing the Wonder pass us in port (apparently a VERY rare occurrance)
...relatively calm seas all cruise and no rain.
...meeting a great group of people from the Disboards
...extra discounts offered for rebooking on board & joining DVC to compensate for the cruise.
...our jet ski excursion (privately booked) on St Thomas
... a really great server (Jayson) who really bonded witht the kids...meaning we did at least get to see our DS12 for two hours per day at dinner !

More details to follow... and thanks again to all of you that sent you good wishes and to all other for listening xxxx Judy

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 02:06 PM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

We fancied the cruise, once we no longer have to work and have more "holidays" to use for WDW if the cruise isn't so magical
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 10, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

it is rare for the two ships to be seen together and a passenger posted this link with the ships horns playing off each other on you tube

youtube/watch?v=Tbl2-LXcPec
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 10, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
it is rare for the two ships to be seen together and a passenger posted this link with the ships horns playing off each other on you tube

youtube/watch?v=Tbl2-LXcPec
Thanks for posting Mazz !

...can't see us though, as we were stood on deck 10 right at the back corner (stern) of the Magic... I took loads of shots though ...so hopefully post them on here when I'm home.

Old 22 Feb 10, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread