Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Nov 16, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

my 11 year old (going on 16... ) recently ditched the pink girly room and now has white distressed wood floor, all white walls with grey/silver wallpaper (horizontal stripe) feature wall and grey curtains bed spread

white dressing table/stool. white tv on feature wall

tbh it looks great & amazingly is now unfeasibly tidy as she now hates clutter
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

This is DD13's room that I decorated this summer. All that needs doing is putting a white wood floor down and new wardrobe/chest of drawers. Will hopefully last her a good few years!

smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We did DD15 room last year for her 14th birthday and it's a similar size to yours (12x12). We did the wall opposite the door in a duck egg blue and the fireplace duck egg blue too. Then the rest of the walls and fireplace alcoves were done in a soft putty colour. She got white furniture and a metal framed double bed from IKEA. TBH, she's not bothered about the amount of floor space that the bed takes up as she doesn't play on the floor any more but spends a lot of time on the bed. If it was ever tidy, I'd take a photo to show you, but it's not!
haha - thank goodness there's another one.

My girls' room - 10x12 - (they share) - is a work in progress, it mainly consists of wallpaper (and walls) held together by a mosaic of posters of Andy Biersack, Black Veil Brides, Pierce the Veil and various K-pop idols. The rest is covered with bunk beds, wardrobe and desk. Would not remember what the original wall colour is, but the carpet (very tidy - stuff is on every other surface so I will hoover!) is burgundy, so I'm guessing pink or lilac...

(just peeled back... YELLOW! the walls are very pale yellow... would not recommend)

Edited at 03:00 PM.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
In the 2 years before my Daughter moved out I refused to decorate her bedroom as she had ruined the carpet with make up, damaged the walls with pictures and it was basically a tip despite my Wife's best efforts.

About a week after she had gone I decided to gut it. It took me a whole day to get fake tan off the window, ceiling and woodwork. The paper was flowing orange water as I wet it down before scraping

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Our daughter has white & grey. She has white wall & furniture, double bed with grey headboard, grey blind. She has white bedding then uses cushions, wall art etc with pinks to bring in colour. This way she can change the accent colour of her room easily. She had purples a few years ago, now has light pink but can have any colour you want! I like to keep it simple by having the walls white (just as well, because her younger brother is going in that room next week and she is having another room - it's musical bedrooms in our house just before Xmas)!

Edited to add- I would show you a photo but her room is always a tip (yet my 4 boys have spotless bedrooms)

Edited at 04:16 PM.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
This is DD13's room that I decorated this summer. All that needs doing is putting a white wood floor down and new wardrobe/chest of drawers. Will hopefully last her a good few years!

Your daughters room is lovely and so tidy!

Dd has so much stuff on her selves and tops (she collects everything), fortunately she dusts and polishes her own room but it always looks cluttered even when she has tidied up.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daviewat
Imagineer

If I could actually find a room under all the clothes , papers , plates , cups, bags etc etc etc all over the place my DD who is 15 may have a nice room under all that ? It was en-suite when we moved here but that may have changed i.e. walk in store ! ! as she is always in main bathroom mostly now

Regal Palms March/April 2005/6/7/11/12
Now Miami whenever possible

Edited at 04:25 PM.
daviewat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter has walls in Mint Macaroon, she has grey carpet, blind and headboard and white dressing table and bedside cabinet

She has a huge mirror above the dressing table with big spot lights around it

She now has a small double bed divan that you can pull up with the storage under neath to put all her stuff

Her bedding alternates with grey and mint green and she has various cushions as well

Looks lovely when it is actually tidy
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 16, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

Dd 17 (18 in feb) has grey & white walls (chic shadow) with a double bed with black and white flowers on the duvet. Her wardrobes are 3 door dark walnut. She also has a small 2 seater black sofa! Her curtains are black velvet material.

It looks lovely and grown up when it's tidy!
Old 30 Nov 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwoodBay
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad to hear we are not the only family with Floordrobes in their house. My youngest daughter has blue & pink walls with Dunelm beautiful Birds. She is 19 in a couple of weeks and now away at uni, My middle daughter had antique cream walls with grey accessories eg NY prints having worked at Camp America a couple of summers back, My eldest has lime green wall purple, white green & black wall paper, Middle & eldest have left home & the cats don't care what colour the walls are! My eldest has her own home now & her bedrooms are beiges, greys creams & black (she bought show home) and amazing light features that sets them off beautifully, We understand from her middle sister she still has a floordrobe which we will see when we stay at Christmas for 1st time in 18 months! As for carpets 2 out of 3 of the girls bedroom carpets are ruined with make up as are the walls in youngest daughters room

Edited at 06:25 PM.
WindwoodBay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread