Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jan 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

What questions for Villa owners?

Hi

I am looking into villas and wonder what sort of questions I should be asking villa owners to ascertain that a property does exist etc and to confirm that it is a genuine ad and not a scam advert.

Thanks
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You can ask their license number and also check the county records, I think there is a sticky at the top somewhere.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Are you booking privately? There is a website for taxes etc, but I can't remember the name of it, perhaps someone else could post that here? I think a Dibb villa is a safe bet. We always book through owners direct.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
As Pussycat Doll has said a lot of us Dibb villa owners put our Licence numbers on our Dibb advert. You can just ask the owner which county records to look on, Sunset Lakes comes under Osceola County but communities on the 27 south are under Polk County.

Ask what questions you want no matter how small and also look at the Dibb villa reviews for each villa you are interested in.

Happy villa hunting

Melvin and Lesley
Old 27 Jan 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
Hi

I am looking into villas and wonder what sort of questions I should be asking villa owners to ascertain that a property does exist etc and to confirm that it is a genuine ad and not a scam advert.

Thanks
Should try and speak to the owner. Make sure there are reviews past and current and for sites like OD it usually says how long they have been members
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KDH1987
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

KDH1987's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
you can check there licence and there ownership at the tax office or their home owners association or management company . get there UK address telephone number ect always pay by pay pal ect as that would also protect you.i hope this helps
KDH1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

The HOA are not allowed to give any info on their members by law (data protection) and Management companies should observe client confidentiality. Also how would you know who manages the property?.
Just ask the owners and you if you wish can also check the local tax office for licence verification and dealings with tourist tax, not personal tax.The best way is to check their DIBB history and referrals, ask question, as you are doing on these forums.
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
Read this :https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=311273 then ask away to any villa that you like the look of..if its a Dibb villa there are reviews in the top RH corner of their Dibb advert and you can always follow those up by contacting the Dibber who posted them...

Edited at 02:44 PM.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Interesting statistic I heard about businesses (generally rather than vacation villas specifically)
- 50% fold in the first year
- 85% fold in five years
- 96% fold in ten years.

By that logic, use the checks on the sticky to see that the villa does belong to the owner - see when they purchased - and if five or more years ago, your chances are pretty good .

After that - relax and enjoy - an owner of multiple years and/or villas should have the reviews and online presence to reduce your worries.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List