Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Mar 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Motion sensor camera for garden wildlife?

Can anyone recommend one, I just want to see what else may be in my garden apart from hedgehogs.
I don’t want to spend a fortune, but like the idea of viewing via my iPhone if that’s possible.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Thanks.
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Watching thread for some recommendations, we have Amazon Blink cameras that capture a lot of hedgehogs and a couple of foxes most nights, but would like something that reacts a little quicker, and that we could perhaps put further in to the garden.

Edited to add, notification to phone, but using in “live mode” eats the battery.

Edited at 08:48 AM.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a nest camera and doorbell. Technically they are for the door and on the garage to watch the driveway and it records constantly. We wondered who had made a terrible mess on our front path. Turned out to be a very huge black coloured bird who moved all the decorative bark stuff absolutely everywhere. I was blaming the kids!
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Instead of a motion sensing camera how about a time lapse one? I had a problem with fly tipping at work where our CCTV cameras couldn't pick up who was dumping rubbish and how often. I bought a time lapse camera from Amazon set it to record on a night and left it for three weeks. It used AA batteries and recorded on to a SD card. It worked great. I also used it when I suspected an employee was helping himself to stock on a weekend from a site cabin again another positive result.This is the one I used.
amazon/Brinno-BCC1...689 96&sr=8-5
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

We have Foscam cameras around our house - you can watch live and they take motion photos and e mail them to you. They are also infa-red so take motion photos in the night
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Dh bought me a Toguard digital trail camera for Christmas to set up in our garden to see what comes in but I haven't had chance to do it yet! No idea of the cost but as he researches everything I'm assuming it has good reviews! Will let you know when I've set it up!
Old 7 Mar 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
Instead of a motion sensing camera how about a time lapse one? I had a problem with fly tipping at work where our CCTV cameras couldn't pick up who was dumping rubbish and how often. I bought a time lapse camera from Amazon set it to record on a night and left it for three weeks. It used AA batteries and recorded on to a SD card. It worked great. I also used it when I suspected an employee was helping himself to stock on a weekend from a site cabin again another positive result.This is the one I used.
amazon/Brinno-BCC1...689 96&sr=8-5

This sounds great, but a little more expensive than I hoped to pay. Thanks 😊
Daisy_Do_72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Daisy_Do_72
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Dh bought me a Toguard digital trail camera for Christmas to set up in our garden to see what comes in but I haven't had chance to do it yet! No idea of the cost but as he researches everything I'm assuming it has good reviews! Will let you know when I've set it up!
Doing a little research on that brand... this one looks good.

4.5 out of 5 stars 212 Reviews
TOGUARD Wildlife Camera 20MP 1080P Trail Game Cameras with Night Vision 130° Detection Motion Activated Waterproof Wildlife Hunting Cam with 0.3s Trigger Speed 2.4" LCD IR LEDs