Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jul 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile Having a down day

Do you ever wake up and just feel utterly depressed and fed up?

Only been up since 7 and I feel like this already. I can just feel myself being mardy and fed up.
It’s raining outside so apart from going to shop for milk which is such a chore now with all the queues there’s nothing else to do. Won’t be going on the bike as we go in our woods and it will be too muddy.
The announcement today about school isn’t what I hoped. I want them to be able to have school partys and plays at Christmas etc and it’s just not going to be the best experience for them it can be.

Really think I’ve just woken up on the wrong side of the bed.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Do you ever wake up and just feel utterly depressed and fed up?

Only been up since 7 and I feel like this already. I can just feel myself being mardy and fed up.
It’s raining outside so apart from going to shop for milk which is such a chore now with all the queues there’s nothing else to do. Won’t be going on the bike as we go in our woods and it will be too muddy.
The announcement today about school isn’t what I hoped. I want them to be able to have school partys and plays at Christmas etc and it’s just not going to be the best experience for them it can be.

Really think I’ve just woken up on the wrong side of the bed.
I feel the same today (I don't work on Thursdays so today should be a good day!). Just woke up in a bit of a funk, fed up of everything, fed up of having to go look for whatever new "rules" come out today in ALL of the UK countries (us in England, daughter in Wales, sister in Scotland).

Just generally fed up.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

The sun is out here so sending it your way .
School is what it is, kids are very adaptable and actually don’t know what they are missing (so don’t tell them ).
Stick boots on and have a good stomp in the woods anyway, a bit of mud never hurt anyone and will help kick the black dog on your shoulder into touch.
I’m up off to the hospital today as MIL had a stroke last week and at 93 I’m utterly ≈≈≈≈≈≈ off that we got her through most of lockdown and now this. We are allowed short visits singularly now to say our farewells to her. I guess we should be thankful for that and the fact they are keeping her comfortable. I just don’t feel very thankful right now !

Edited at 08:41 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I must admit, the last few days I’ve had the same problem (although mines been at night when I go to bed).

Since lockdown my mums health has deteriorated and the hospital have said there is nothing more they can do for her, I’ve had my summer holiday cancelled and right now I don’t want to go anywhere abroad - partly due to the virus, and partly due to leaving my mum - then I think, when something happens to my mum, who would look after my anxious dog if I go away - tbh I don’t think I would even want to leave her with anyone else - so the last few days it has struck me, my life is never going to be the same after all this is over. It’s an awful feeling and I do like to look on the positives, but right now I can’t see a good future without my mum and without holidays that I look forward to. The weather isn’t helping as sunshine always makes me more positive - especially if I’m trying to stay happy at the idea of spending more time at home!

Life does just seem rubbish right now & I hadn’t really thought about it until the last few days!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have had a cob on since Sunday. Can’t shift it despite yoga and only wasting fresh fruit and veg.

Lots of construction noise from Thames water doing sewage work outside from 2200-0600, Pneumatic drill now On an different bot of the road and the constant rain/drizzle.

I really am feeling mardy as cant get out for a bike ride or walk without being drenched. Day 102 of lockdown is getting to me too
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I do feel quite down on the days I wake up and I’ve got to work. I’m just fed up with being talked down to, I know frustrations are high, but I wish I wasn’t a virtual punching bag!

I am backwards, but I do find the rain and dull weather improves my mood, I really don’t like the sun and I prefer walking in this.

Go for that walk, you will feel loads better.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

So sorry about your mum (amy56)

Mine died during the storms at the start of the year and we could not get flights to "be there". It is hard to get beyond that feeling that you are just waiting, in limbo.

The continually changing weather doesn't help.

Edited at 08:44 AM.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think the start of a new month is depressing that's April, May, and June all "wasted" this year.

On a positive note everyone I care about is healthy (touching wood), and I keep telling myself things could be so much worse.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
I do feel quite down on the days I wake up and I’ve got to work. I’m just fed up with being talked down to, I know frustrations are high, but I wish I wasn’t a virtual punching bag!

I am backwards, but I do find the rain and dull weather improves my mood, I really don’t like the sun and I prefer walking in this.

Go for that walk, you will feel loads better.
Kill em with kindness ... drives them mad
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I think the start of a new month is depressing that's April, May, and June all "wasted" this year.

On a positive note everyone I care about is healthy (touching wood), and I keep telling myself things could be so much worse.
I am the same and, thankfully, visibly everyone I care about is well but hidden (mental health wise) a completely different story
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List