Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Aug 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Pool hopping?

If staying at the BWV can I use the quiet pool at the Yacht Club?

I remember staying at the YC and having the pool to myself for a whole afternoon and it is a lovely pool for a swim
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sara_toga View Post

I remember staying at the YC and having the pool to myself for a whole afternoon and it is a lovely pool for a swim
As is the quiet pool at the Boardwalk , we always had it to ourselves and preferred it to the main (creepy clown) pool.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
As is the quiet pool at the Boardwalk , we always had it to ourselves and preferred it to the main (creepy clown) pool.
Thanks we didn’t use the pools when we stayed there.

Where is the quiet pool on the resort map? I couldn’t see it😊.

Never liked the look of the creepy clown 🤣

Edited at 11:04 PM.
Sara_toga is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Thanks we didn’t use the pools when we stayed there.

Where is the quiet pool on the resort map? I couldn’t see it😊.

Never liked the look of the creepy clown 🤣
D

It's up in the DVC part of the BWI so quite tucked away basically past the units with Gardens and keep walking and it's on the right.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

We've copied the following from disneyvacationclub.disney.go...axation/pools/
and as far as we can see you can use the quiet pool at the Yacht Club and at the Beach Club, but not the quiet pool at the Beach Club Villas, think they refer to them as leisure pools

So enjoy your quiet swim.

How it Works

Swim, slide, splash, play and lounge—with several unique pool options to suit your style.
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:
The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels
Note: Capacity limits and blockout dates apply. To find out about pool-access availability, please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit.
You must present your MagicBand or valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card to use the other Resort hotel pools.

Know Before You Go

View details about capacity limits, blockout dates, excluded pools and more.

Capacity Limitations
If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.

Blockout Dates
Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:
Friday, May 24, 2019 through Monday, May 27, 2019
Sunday, June 30, 2019 through Saturday, July 6, 2019
Friday, August 30, 2019 through Monday, September 2, 2019
Monday, November 25, 2019 through Saturday, November 30, 2019
Friday, December 20, 2019 through Thursday, January 2, 2020

As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

Important Information
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay

Pool hopping is not available at these pools from June 25 through August 18, 2019:
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House – Uzima Pool
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village – Samawati Springs Pool

Other restricted dates than those listed above may be added based on projected pool capacity or maintenance needs.

Alternative pool use is subject to change or discontinuation at the sole discretion of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.

Complimentary alternative pool use (pool hopping) is not considered a Membership Extra.
This benefit is offered to all Disney Vacation Club Members, regardless of how they purchased.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

w3w.co/mere.inspire.lunches

There are two quiet pools at the Boardwalk. The DVC one is just behind the clown pool but it feels a world away when you are there.

w3w.co/journeyed.slack.squirts

The other one is hidden away on the Inn side. I’ve never been to that one but I’d bet it’s very quiet too as it’s so well hidden.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The Inn side one is very nice. I actually like the clown pool also, it’s a good atmosphere.

DVC quiet pool:

Inn side quiet pool:

Edited at 07:45 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Every year I intend to find the inn pool. More from curiosity than any other reason but we are drawn back to the community pool every time. It’s not fancy but it’s always quiet and usually very close to our room.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Thanks everyone I will definitely have a look for both of them if hopefully we can get BVC at 7 months!
Old 23 Aug 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We used the BW quiet pool in February & it was actually fairly busy but remained peaceful at the same time, one of our favourites to stop off at & let DS cool down.