Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Annette’s opens late though. Best option we found for the free breakfast was New York Style Sandwiches in the Village. Opened just before 8, quiet and pleasanf place. We used our voucher and got coffee, juice, a pastry and a full size baguette with butter and jam (not the little hard rolls you get elsewhere).
True, it opens at 10 I think so not good if you want a large breakfast pre-parks. We had an instant porridge pot at 7am when we woke up (in the room), did EMH then came out to Annette's just as all the crowds were entering the parks

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The attractions open during EMT rarely change in my experience, although sometimes if one is in refurb they open another.

Last week we got on everything open in Disneyland Park within half an hour, and everything open in Studios in about 20 minutes!

Peter Pan is always our first as it gets crazy later.

We didn't do Crush but there was no queue at 8.30 am - never seen that any other time! We did repeat rides on Ratatouille instead.
Ok so EMH does seem to be good to get to. We don't mind getting up early for Disney and actually having an 8.30am EMH will feel like quite a lie in I think. Especially as the park will close early at 7pm I believe...so no late nights.

Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
Both meals we had last week were delicious. Billy Bobs in the Village and Plaza Gardens in the main park (ambience in here top notch - we went at 4:30 before it got really busy). We were on the standard meal plan. We exchanged our breakfast voucher both days for the Annette's breakfast (you have to pay a €2 top up) which was great and even with the top up, better value IMO than the 'free' breakfast option.
This is good to know as we've got the 'free' full board meal plan. I've done a bit of research and discovered this means we can eat at about 6 or 7 buffet restaurants as opposed to all the restaurants but that if we want to we can use the credit and pay the difference in price. As it's all new to us I think we will probably stick with the buffets that are included.

Am I right that the only way to make a reservation is to phone France? No online reservation or UK number? The website says we can book meals at the hotel check in desk, is it a good idea to leave it that late?

Annette’s opens late though. Best option we found for the free breakfast was New York Style Sandwiches in the Village. Opened just before 8, quiet and pleasanf place. We used our voucher and got coffee, juice, a pastry and a full size baguette with butter and jam (not the little hard rolls you get elsewhere).
I had already seen you give this tip in another thread as I have tried to do some research! I also saw that we can pop over to Santa Fe and get a hot drink from their machines. But I also liked your idea of bringing a couple of sachets from home and asking for a kettle. Do you bring a mug in your case too?

True, it opens at 10 I think so not good if you want a large breakfast pre-parks. We had an instant porridge pot at 7am when we woke up (in the room), did EMH then came out to Annette's just as all the crowds were entering the parks
In fact we're not really huge breakfast eaters...and waiting until a little later would probably suit us well. Is it possible to use the breakfast or other vouchers for snacks? Ice creams or cookies or cakes etc? Perhaps this would be a poor use of the credit but if we've got 2 buffet meals plus breakfast then actually using the breakfast voucher for a snack might suit us better.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 18, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Goldia, try this link for restaurant booking;

salonmickey.wordpress/20...-reservations/

It won’t work on a phone/tablet though, you’ll need a desktop computer. I managed to book Inventions and California Grill using it x

Edited at 03:54 PM.
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I booked all ours over the phone. The two buffet's we went to really exceeded all my expectations as to the choice and quality of the food, I was well impressed

I am not sure whether you could use your voucher for cookies / cakes, you do have to use it by 10:30am though. You could get the continental grab and go breakfast and just save the croissant and roll for later in the day?

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Mrstenberge View Post
Goldia, try this link for restaurant booking;

salonmickey.wordpress/20...-reservations/

It won’t work on a phone/tablet though, you’ll need a desktop computer. I managed to book Inventions and California Grill using it x
Thank you so much for sharing the link...and also for letting me know it won't work on my tablet as I probably would have spent quite a while wondering what I was doing wrong and then getting incredibly frustrated! I'll give it a go over Christmas as we are nearly at 60 days.

I booked all ours over the phone. The two buffet's we went to really exceeded all my expectations as to the choice and quality of the food, I was well impressed

I am not sure whether you could use your voucher for cookies / cakes, you do have to use it by 10:30am though. You could get the continental grab and go breakfast and just save the croissant and roll for later in the day?
Ok no problem about the voucher. I hadn't realised there was a time limit to it. I'd kind of assumed it was like the WDW free breakfast offer which is really an any time QS credit. The grab and go breakfast does sound like a good plan saving the croissant for later.

I'm really grateful for all these tips. Thanks everyone

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List