Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jun 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
We redone our small bathroom in January, we took out our bath as no one ever used it .

This looks lovely, thanks for the picture. We actually use our bath and have a freestanding shower in the en-suite so won’t be looking to get rid of it. I love your tiles though!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

This is ours. If we didn’t have the window there then we would have had a shower the over the bath and kept the bath shape we have as it fits the room better than an L or P.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi I suppose the question really is do you actually need a bath. Perhaps a walk into all singing and dancing shower. I know some like a bath but I think in reality in most houses they are never used. Or very seldom, and as people get older a shower over a bath is a safety hazard.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
It’s 15-20 years old but yeah lol.

Thanks! Good to see!
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney1st timer View Post
Ooh I love this! I wonder if I could have room for a separate bath and shower. Need to look in to that!
The bath is perfect as it fits in to the corner without looking like an old fashioned corner bath.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post

This is ours. If we didn’t have the window there then we would have had a shower the over the bath and kept the bath shape we have as it fits the room better than an L or P.
Ooh I love your bath, where did you get it?
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
CSTUARTt1980
Excited about Disney

I know you all love helping out on ideas and sharing hints and tips so I’m back again for advice! We bought a new build two years ago and still haven’t got round to sorting out the family bathroom! It’s and average size and currently has no shower. We want to put a shower in the bath, get a new bath and tile. Now, what sort of bath should I go for? I really like double ended baths but if I want a shower I guess I can’t have this? Plus the bath is the width of the room so I guess I can’t have a nice freestanding one either...plus the shower thing. Is my option really only an L shaped bath? I hate the way they look but I think that’s the only option I have!
We recently moved house and the bathroom wasn't a large space so we went with the l shape and I love it. In our old house we got rid of the bath and I really regretted it so couldn't wait to get a bath again. I've attached a few pictures to give you an idea.

Edited at 03:48 PM.
CSTUARTt1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Ooh I love your bath, where did you get it?
Thank you. It was B&Q. We needed one with plugs and taps in the middle because we wanted to be able to lie at the window end (which would obviously be painful with taps there!) and we couldn’t really place them at the other end as it would have looked odd as there’s no wall at the bottom end as you can see. It’s a funny layout really, but we kept the previous owners toilet so we couldn’t really move the layout!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

This is our newly done bathroom. Not even been used yet!

Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gillz121 View Post
This is our newly done bathroom. Not even been used yet!

Looks lovely, maybe I’m overthinking the L shaped bath. When you look at them in isolation I’m just not sure but yours looks lovely here!