Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 Oct 16, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sotong
slightly serious Dibber

The Big Apple and a Big Ship! - pre trip report

Whilst researching my latest holiday and for next summer I wondered if someone had done a pre trip report that would help me with my planning, e.g. dates to book things, what to see etc. I found some NY reports but decided in order to assist with my planning and also to get the input of and advice from other DIBBers I would do my first pre trip report.

So firstly a bit about me and my travel companion aka my daughter Harriet who is 13.

In 2013 my 20 year old relationship and marriage came to an amicable end, after sorting out a new house for me and my daughter who lives with me for part of the week I decided that we needed to make some new memories.
In the process of booking a dream trip to Florida I found the DIBB and with your help I booked, planned and had the most amazing 2 weeks staying on site first at Universal and then Disney.
In 2015 not being able to justify the cost of Florida again we replicated some of the experiences with a week at Port Aventura and then a week on Disney Magic in the Mediterranean. We've cruised in the past and both love this sort of holiday.
This year 2016 we had a low cost but really relaxing and fun holiday at my mum’s apartment in Majorca but before we went I had started to think about another big trip for 2017.

I considered the West Coast of the USA but decided Harriet my daughter who is 13 would be too young to appreciate the road trip, beaches etc, we also fancied more cruising, so we have decided to fly to New York and then cruise from there to the Caribbean on Royal Caribbean’s Anthem of the Seas.

Edited at 03:39 PM.
Sotong is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List