Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 20, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

BMW? I thought see said it was a nice car? 😂😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
The below from the BBC seems really odd .

The first two letters of the plate are reflective of where the car was registered ( eg a car registered in Preston always starts with a P) . So one must assume it could only be of the first two letters that was entered incorrectly ( probably the first one ) for one to be Yorkshire and one London
But surely the chances of say YT69ABC and VT69ABC being the same make model and colour are really low ?
( I could believe it more that say YT69ABC and YT69ABD were the same make /model /colour as at least they would have been registered at the same dealer - but then they would both be Yorkshire regs )
All seems a bit odd
I assumed they meant where the registered owner lives. My cars have been PO, DN and GY, but the car is registered to me at my address in Warrington.
My MIL had an issue whereby the insurance company mistakenly insured another Nissan micra with a letter different at the end, both were silver micros but at different ends of the country. She didn’t pick it up straight away, but when she couldn’t tax her car, we figured it out. Luckily as she drives a V reg car the doppelganger had been scrapped
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
The below from the BBC seems really odd .

The first two letters of the plate are reflective of where the car was registered ( eg a car registered in Preston always starts with a P) . So one must assume it could only be of the first two letters that was entered incorrectly ( probably the first one ) for one to be Yorkshire and one London
But surely the chances of say YT69ABC and VT69ABC being the same make model and colour are really low ?
( I could believe it more that say YT69ABC and YT69ABD were the same make /model /colour as at least they would have been registered at the same dealer - but then they would both be Yorkshire regs )
All seems a bit odd
I've seen this in a number of articles online (about the P=Preston etc).

I'm confused though as our two current cars and the two before them both started with a D (Deeside). Now we received each car in the Midlands with just 5-10 miles on the clock so not sure how this can be true
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
BMW? I thought see said it was a nice car? 😂😂😂
But nice is one of those words you use when you can't think of a good way to describe something but you don't want to appear rude.

What she really meant was, it wasn't a rust bucket but it isn't an aspirational car either, every man and his dog has had a BMW, most grow out of them and move onto better cars
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I got pulled up years ago by the police because the personal registration number on my car hadn't been updated by the DVLA. I felt the police only stopped me because I was half Irish and in retrospect I should have sued them.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I got pulled up years ago by the police because the personal registration number on my car hadn't been updated by the DVLA. I felt the police only stopped me because I was half Irish and in retrospect I should have sued them.
They probably pulled you over because they couldn't see you in amongst the mountain of discarded Costa Drive-Thru cups you'd left strewn about the car
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Well you do insist on wearing that leprechaun outfit when driving.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Are you sure it wasn't because you have a particular hair colour?
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I liked the 'do you know I am an MP' comment from her.

Sorry but stop and search is not an issue if you have nothing to hide.

I also think some are looking to be stopped as well just to throw the race card in the mix!

From what I saw the two officers were very polite when speaking to her
Old 10 Aug 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
I liked the 'do you know I am an MP' comment from her.

Sorry but stop and search is not an issue if you have nothing to hide.

I also think some are looking to be stopped as well just to throw the race card in the mix!

From what I saw the two officers were very polite when speaking to her
The Police are just doing their job, there was no altercation, no need whatsoever to have to plaster it over social media, what did Dawn Butler want to achieve, does she feel that she should be exempt from spot checks because of her skin colour?
Police officers will end up having to tread on egg shells before long just to do their job.
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List