Closed Thread

Old 22 Feb 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Has anyone asked them why they consider it different from wilderness lodge and why they compensated that and not us?

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, I asked that directly earlier (why it's so different from the WL situation), the explanation given (by the highest person I could speak to) was that the amenities removed/compromised at WL were not being replaced, so guests were entitled to compensation, however Disney feels that at CBR they are replacing "like for like" with the grab and go options so nobody will be entitled to any compensation. I then asked if they were replacing Shutters with another TS restaurant then - you know, like for like - and she just totally brushed me off really.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
HerculesTiger
Imagineer

I still cant get over this.

During the QSDP deal for booking direct with Disney (ran last year) CBR one of the main resorts on offer. so naturally we took this as a good place to stay and get our food round the parks included. I feel so begrudged to have to move to actually have a resort with full services/facilities, however to do this we lose our QSDP let alone have to pay more "for the privilege"!

Disheartened just doesn't cover it!
AOA Mermaid - Dec 21 Silver Palms - Kissimmee - Oct 22 DLP: Sante Fe - Nov 22
Endless Summer-Dockside & Cruise - May 25

Edited at 09:07 PM.
HerculesTiger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
Yes, I asked that directly earlier (why it's so different from the WL situation), the explanation given (by the highest person I could speak to) was that the amenities removed/compromised at WL were not being replaced, so guests were entitled to compensation, however Disney feels that at CBR they are replacing "like for like" with the grab and go options so nobody will be entitled to any compensation. I then asked if they were replacing Shutters with another TS restaurant then - you know, like for like - and she just totally brushed me off really.
Hmm so another answer which isn't really consistent. I can't believe how Disney are treating people I really did expect them to be different

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Cost would all depend on what room category was booked originally at cbr and what room category it is changed to at the new resort.

For us its £600 to move to Por as they only have preferred rooms available for our dates and I had booked a standard room at cbr. If I had a preferred room booked at cbr then changing to Por would be about half that.
Funny, it's the opposite for us! It's £500 to move to por because we've booked a preferred at CBR and need one at por, but no availability for our dates.
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Surely they'll have get their Disney heads together and come up with solutions/plans etc?
It must be a nightmare for the staff at the moment too.
It seems a complete mess at moment.

And as construction disrupts more amenities their conditions will have to change.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HerculesTiger View Post
I still cant get over this.

During the QSDP deal for booking direct with Disney (ran last year) CBR one of the main resorts on offer. so naturally we took this as a good place to stay and get our food round the parks included. I feel so begrudged to have to move to actually have a resort with full services/facilities, however to do this we lose our QSDP let alone have to pay more "for the privileged"!

Disheartened just doesn't cover it!
You will keep the qsdp if swapping resorts, you keep the same offer that was on when you booked.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I'm on hold...A 20 min wait apparently. Are these wait times accurate?
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

I would say the wait times are accurate. Last night they told me the call would be answered in 5mins and they answered at 4:40 and this morning I was told under 10 minutes and they answered at 9 minutes.
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PenguinPatter
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Charter travel have offered us £360 to move to port Orleans. I said I paid for a moderate resort with free dining and 200 gift card and that's what I want. I won't pay £360 to get exactly what I paid for previously. With ten weeks to go I don't have £360 to spare. Can't ask my child if she wants souvenirs or a chair to eat food. Charter travel are going to try disney again.