Old 22 Feb 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by LawrenceFamily View Post
They don't give you $75 cash. Its $75 disney dollars credit per night to spend whilst you are there. So essentially you still spend the same

That's why we opted to move
We won't spend the same though would we? For example we are planning to buy a lot of the treats, with the Disney credit it won't be coming from our cash we are taking. We could also afford to eat at a couple of restaurants too. Or am I miss understanding?

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Izziamberwoo
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by klang_kat View Post
So, Viola was amazing, she straight away offered us the $75 a night (it's per booking, and we have two rooms on separate bookings so it's $150 a night total for our party of two adults), and I still asked about moving. While she put me on hold to look into it we kind of thought about it and although she did then come back and offer us a no extra charge change to POFQ garden view we actually decided to stay at CBR with the credit! the more we thought about it, it just seems more appealing to now have the money to do some super fun ADRs and just not be at the resort as much. Hopefully CBR will be like a ghost town now anyway!
So yeah, we're staying but planning to use the extra money to be elsewhere all day :p

Only slightly disconcerting thing is that there's no email confirmation available from this or anything, it's just 'noted' on my reservations. She said I can call and double check it's all okay just before we travel - this is fine right? am I just being paranoid?
Klang,

Can I ask what number you called to reach Viola? She seems the lady to speak to lol
Izziamberwoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
That's great news!

I believe it was the same with the wilderness lodge room credit in relation to it being a note on your booking.
Okay, thanks so much for confirming, I'm sure I'm just being paranoid - think my nerves are a bit shot with all this haha!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mclhar
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Thank you so much Bestbubba for taking the time to document your calls - I really am delighted for you- good things come to those who wait!
Mclhar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Izziamberwoo View Post
Klang,

Can I ask what number you called to reach Viola? She seems the lady to speak to lol
Just the 0800 169 0730 number, then as soon as the other CM who picked up there started trying to charge me money, I politely asked to be put through to Guest Care, Viola if possible as I'd spoken to her earlier (repeatedly lol).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessKaty
Getting Excited

If anyone has any more luck this evening I'll be amazed (and annoyed!), had a super helpful CM on the phone who really tried but her seniors have gone home for the evening. She did mention that they are now offering free cancellations and they weren't yesterday so it's continuously changing.

Tried to call the US number but because it's a UK booking they can't/won't touch it.

This is looking promising though!

If we get offered the $75 per night I'm not sure what we'd spend it on because we already have the dining plan and there's only so much Disney merch my home can take haha
PrincessKaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

So it seems that Disney are starting to offer incentives / free moves if you call them directly... has anyone had any luck with any travel agents? Thomson / Thomas cook? Thomson have still had no communication
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mclhar View Post
Thank you so much Bestbubba for taking the time to document your calls - I really am delighted for you- good things come to those who wait!
Please don't give up, I know I'm repeating myself, but I'm sure there has been an official change of policy, I think it just hasn't trickled down to all the CMs yet. I bet by tomorrow, everyone who phones will get the same result.
I went to bed last night so unhappy, like everyone else posting here. I've got my fingers crossed for you all (making it extremely difficult to eat our dried up supper that has been cooking away while all this has been going on )
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ginger Jemma
Earning More Ears

I have also just come off the phone after speaking to a wonderful CM. She told me she had good news, but couldn't get through to Guest Services to tell me. She did however mention it wasn't a free POFQ upgrade, but we will see? Got phone call scheduled for tomorrow, so will see what happens? After around 4 hours on the phone over the past 2 days it better be good news, hee hee hee 😃
Ginger Jemma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
We won't spend the same though would we? For example we are planning to buy a lot of the treats, with the Disney credit it won't be coming from our cash we are taking. We could also afford to eat at a couple of restaurants too. Or am I miss understanding?
Yes that's right! You still pay the same for the accommodation but with an extra bonus on too. If it works for you then go for it, or leave it a week and it might have gone up to $200