Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
RossS
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Its amazing to think how well we were doing and boasting about our vaccine success.

Now we are known as 'Plague Island' and appear to be locked up for ever
Yep, it is so embarrassing and frustrating. I did not support the government to begin with, and even less so now. I genuinely hate the country I live in at the moment (though appreciate I am in a better position then many countries)
RossS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jack&LucysMumy View Post
Hi all, I’m still hanging on and not looking to change our travel plans just yet. My husband and I will be fully vaccinated by the time we travel but will children be exempt? My ds is 17 and dd is 13 Will they need to be vaccinated too? They need to start clarifying things for us.
I really want to go but I’m wondering if I’m being unrealistic now. I’m keeping everything crossed the government can make some decisions sooner rather than later.
Louise
We're the same as you - My husband and I will be fully vaccinated but DD1 is 17 and DD2 is 14.

I am the same a previous poster in feeling that is no longer something I'm really looking forward to, I enjoy the anticipation and planning almost as much as the holiday! Just wondering if it would be a mistake to even try going.

But I also stubbornly refuse to cancel until I have to pay my balances on 23 July.
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by icf75 View Post
Why do you think 23rd August will be cancelled?
Other than the absolute eagerness of British politicians to stop people leaving this country. Also the same politicians who love scaring the world that we are a plague island every time a variant comes around.

Why do you think it won't be cancelled?
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I will legit scream with joy and treat any DIBBERS to margaritas at Dockside if we can all go in August. It will be the best feeling ever.
Wouldn't that be great if we all get there and were able to do that!
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
icf75
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
Other than the absolute eagerness of British politicians to stop people leaving this country. Also the same politicians who love scaring the world that we are a plague island every time a variant comes around.

Why do you think it won't be cancelled?
Because of FOMO with the EU mainly and the more positive news today.
icf75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

I just hope vaccines aren’t required for all adults before travel. Hubby and me are both fully vaccinated as are my daughters two partners, but my 21 yr old gets her first next week and my 19 yr old is still waiting to get a nod to book. Neither will be fully vaccinated before we are due to go on 22nd August. This trip is for my daughters 21st birthday! How do we stand if they can’t travel but their partners can!
It’s such a minefield…
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkledust14
Helping Mickey

So I read that children being vaccinated is NOT being given the green light so how are we supposed to get away with children - mine is nearly 15 and I feel they have been thru so much this year and are still being penalised for something beyond their control ! So frustrating if they say fully vaccinated can go but not the children ! Lordy I’m so fed up with it all ! Looking to go aug 21st
sparkledust14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

BA are now cancelling flights up to the 25th of July 😔

Edited at 02:22 PM.
act1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
I just hope vaccines aren’t required for all adults before travel. Hubby and me are both fully vaccinated as are my daughters two partners, but my 21 yr old gets her first next week and my 19 yr old is still waiting to get a nod to book. Neither will be fully vaccinated before we are due to go on 22nd August. This trip is for my daughters 21st birthday! How do we stand if they can’t travel but their partners can!
It’s such a minefield…
Originally Posted by sparkledust14 View Post
So I read that children being vaccinated is NOT being given the green light so how are we supposed to get away with children - mine is nearly 15 and I feel they have been thru so much this year and are still being penalised for something beyond their control ! So frustrating if they say fully vaccinated can go but not the children ! Lordy I’m so fed up with it all ! Looking to go aug 21st
I'm in a similar position with a 16 an 19 year old. I'm sure (hope!) someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, they will be allowed to travel but dependent on the destination, they might be treated differently in things like:

- Requirement to test before going
- Wearing masks outside when you get there
- Requirement to isolate for 10 days on return to UK for Amber countries - future plan is that vaccinated won't have to (obviously still not an issue if green).

Unless I'm missing something vital?

Edited at 02:27 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
BA are now cancelling flights up to the 25th of July 😔
Very sorry for all those end of Julyers

Well...we're next I suppose. Unless something significant is announced in the next week. Still hopeful...ish...

That said I've just cancelled my backup Greek Villa which was due to be paid next week and rebooked another for August which can be cancelled up to end July. So I'm still in the holiday game right up to the end!

Edited at 02:38 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List