Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 May 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

2014 late report-Day 9-Disney day

Day 9-Tuesday 14th October 2014

After a few days of less plans and later starts, today we were up early and had breakfast at 6:30 as we were getting the 8am shuttle to Epcot.

Everything went to plan and we were going into Magic Kingdom at 9:20.

Our first plan for today was to get on Seven Dwarves mine train, we had an FP+ for a different evening but unfortunately couldn't make it!

Queue time was listed as 60 minutes when we got there and there was a Scottish family next to us in the queue. The dad brought back slushies so Arron popped off to get one too while I stayed put. From recollection it was a strawberry slush and was a great idea!

The family next to us had the best behaved children and we were really impressed! Especially as behind us was a big onbnoxious American family. The 6ish year old son kept saying we should all move for him and complaining loudly and his family just ignored it!

The queue time was pretty accurate and we had a stroke of luck as our BTTM FP+ was going to run out at 10:35 and we got called forward as a party of 2 for mine train and were off it by 10:20.

We hotfooited it over the BTTM and managed to get into the queue with not much time to spare. Phew!

Our next FP+ opened at 11am and was for Little Mermaid. We wandered through Storybook Circus which we felt wasn't really meant for us as we don't have kids.

We enjoyed the ride and thought it was really fun and I was singing along. We liked the Triton statue outside too.

From here we decided to head to Gaston's for Lefou's brew which was really yummy with the mix of apple, marshmallow and sweetness. We would definitely have it again.

In here we both got presents for others too. Arron bought his mum a Happily ever after... cushion and i bought my best friend Mel a Belle photo frame. The lady in the shop asked if this was my first trip(not my first day though) and gave me a 1st Visit badge.

I was quite excited about this badge

We had a couple of photopasses taken here.

With the photo frame pretty well wrapped we left the area, I was terrified of breaking the frame ALL DAY!

Our final FP+ was for Space Mountain at 1pm so we went over to Tomorrowland with me holding the shopping bag tightly all the way around!

Next we got the bus over to Hollywood Studios and queued 30 minutes for Tower of Terror.

It rained while we were queuing but we were luckily under shelter. IT ended up being quite busy everywhere as everybody sheltered from the rain.

We went for lunch at Backlot Express where we both had burgers and Arron had a craft beer which he wasn't keen on.

As we were in the area we noticed Mike and Sulley were doing a meet & greet and I love Sulley!
We plumped to join the queue which ended up being 40 minutes. Eek!
The people behind us were loudly complaining that the characters weren't signing autographs...but neither of them have poroper hands?!?!

At this point the weather still looked bad, sowe went to the Backlot cocktail bar. I think a long island iced tea and something fruity for me.

It ended up thundering a lot while we sat there so we stayed where we were for quite a while and did have a few more beverages!

Arron then joined the queue for building a lightsaber sas he had really wanted to!

We had a quick drink in the 50s diner before riding Tower of Terror 5 times in a row as HS was so quiet now.

(can't locate a couple of photos)

We hopped on a bus back to Magic Kingdom and arrived around 8:15.

We queued for 10 minutes for Splash and then Big Thunder. We grabbed an FP+ for Splash, and while waiting for that to go live Arron bought a pretzel which he said was pretty bland, I bought a cakepop and some fudge from Main Street bakery.

We rode Splash with the FP and decided to do Astro Orbitor to finish the day.
They let us in but then I realised both of us and our bags wouldn't fit in one rocket. As I went to get in a separate rocket some guy sat in it instead so I stood and watched from the exit!

We needed to get back to Epcot for our shuttle and didn't want to run again so we left MK at 10:15 and got back to our hotel around midnight.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Wow it sounds like you had a super fun day. What a shame about the rain and the complaining.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoofyPrincess View Post
Wow it sounds like you had a super fun day. What a shame about the rain and the complaining.
Thanks for reading

The rain was interesting but nothing gets us down!
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List